Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   Combat Mission (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Next Challenge? (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=6816)

Palantir 12-17-2009 04:57 PM

Next Challenge?

:idea:
I've been working on an AK Bastogne-type map 2k x 2k: {spoke-road network & center town} any interest in playing this from both sides A/D with team selected units for each game? Allies defend one and Germans defend in second (or swap sides if you like with all new units) in the 8-10k purchase range (defender would have fewer points than attacker), 40-50+ turns.

Mission: attacker to control the road network/hub (city) for a following Corps... defender hold as much as possible to mess with the attackers timetable until the sky clears for close air-support to arrive...

Attacker will have assault & support (reinforcements) purchases, will be deployed (assault) units & I would randomize reinforcements as to time/road for each player. One of nine entry roads would randomly be "friendly" to defender for his "reinforcement/supply."

The normal pre-game look over the map to determine force structure desired.

Could throw in attacker requirement of having different "type" forced attack from different sectors of the map. Ar/Inf/Mech or US/UK. :hmmmm2:

:date:

KG_Soldier 12-18-2009 10:08 AM

I'm in, as usual.

KG_Swampfox 12-18-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Soldier (Post 50609)
I'm in, as usual.

Me too, After Hoods boy flogged my arse, The 1st of Minnesota needs to kick some Texans around some.

KG_RangerBooBoo 12-18-2009 02:05 PM

I'm good for it.

KG_SSpoom 12-18-2009 05:06 PM

Ill take a shot at it also
I tend to like scenarios with a
objective that isnt just kill or
beat the other guy to the middle =)

KG_AirborneBob 12-20-2009 10:14 PM

Count me in also....our baby is due in Feb, but I should have diaper duty that will allow me a few minutes a day....

KG_Jag 12-20-2009 11:23 PM

I look forward to it, Kerry. Don't care which side I play and would be glad to play a mirrored or semi-mirrored game as well.

Palantir 12-21-2009 02:55 PM

Great!

Probably start this one when the Round 4 games are winding down since it's a big scenario.
I'll randomize the team/sides then send the map out so everyone has time to study it and beginning planning their attacking side units and / besieged units.

Palantir 02-04-2010 01:35 PM

The map is all but done so I'll be sending it out to you today for a look over.

The "map date" is set at June '44 so you can see all the terrain: a winter-snow map just blinds you & you can't see a thing!

I prefer a summer/fall map myself but if you want that winter light-snow "Bastogne" feel I can reset the date. Please note your vote here after you check out both settings.

No team/sides have been determined so view it from Allies/Axis & attacker/defender.

Defender will be setting up in a several "bands" connecting all the outlying villages/hamlets & city. Attacker setup is @360* along the board-edges.

@Forces- Attacker 12k, Defender 8k (not all at setup, good portion as reinforcements as determined by team)

Ps. anyone else want in please post! :)

KG_SSpoom 02-04-2010 04:23 PM

Map looks great at first look.
Im fine with a winter map as it adds its
own set of problems.
But Im cool with most season/weather, Im even ok with snowy and
limited visibilty =)