Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Call of Duty 2 (and Arnhem mod) -- PC Gamer Preview (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=3538)

KG_Kharkov 02-28-2005 11:35 AM

Call of Duty 2 (and Arnhem mod) -- PC Gamer Preview

All:

PC Gamer has an extensive preview of Call of Duty 2 which will include the Brits in Africa, GIs in Normandy, and Russkies in Stalingrad. More weather effects, less scripting and even better AI is promised. The screen shots look great.

Plus, there is an article on an Arnhem mod which looked and sounded very cool.

Also the Unreal Tournament engine has been used for a Russian Front mod to UT that won some award -- more info in the magazine. It will be released to the public shortly if I recall correctly.

KG_AGCent 02-28-2005 12:39 PM

Link to the article, plz?

KG_Kharkov 02-28-2005 01:13 PM

It's a magazine.

KG_CrimsonTrooper 02-28-2005 04:33 PM

I haven't got my April issue yet.... is it in April's ?

KG_AGCent 02-28-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Kharkov
It's a magazine.

ok, and..?

KG_Kharkov 02-28-2005 05:07 PM

and i'm not a jedi -- don't know how to link a magazine at home to the computer at work. :D

these are not the articles you seek . . .

Andy, it's the most recent issue -- got mine last Thursday (I think). It's the cover story -- the cover looks like Band of Brothers.

KG_AGCent 02-28-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Kharkov
and i'm not a jedi -- don't know how to link a magazine at home to the computer at work. :D

these are not the articles you seek . . .

Andy, it's the most recent issue -- got mine last Thursday (I think). It's the cover story -- the cover looks like Band of Brothers.

Oh! It's made out of paper..! Gotcha!

KG_CrimsonTrooper 03-04-2005 10:08 AM

I just got my issue yesterday....OMG the screenshots look freakin awesome! If the game play is going to be like the article stated...... LOOK OUT! I look forward to battling the AI as well as taking in all the new graphic lay out. CoD took my breath away grahics wise I can't wait for these....

KG_Kharkov 03-04-2005 10:33 AM

I liked the emphasis on opening up the game so that you can accomplish you objectives in whatever order you deem fit. I enjoyed the scripted events of the first game and am glad that some of the scripting will remain.

It will be cool to play in Afrika.

Did you see the line that the president of the company is in favor of a COD from the German perspective. How cool would that be.

KG_CrimsonTrooper 03-04-2005 05:52 PM

The German perspective would be Uber-Cool!

Way too many idiots in the world to let that happen though.

Thats why I can't wait till the German Front Mod is done!

If you haven't played it yet Khar, look in the FPS section and click on the German Front Mod.

:twisted: