Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Panzer Corps (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=7057)

KG_Panzerschreck 10-03-2011 11:43 PM

Panzer Corps

Just DL'd and installed PC and the update. Ill mess with it for a day or so figuring it out then ill be up for some multiplayer for you guys who have it. Looks beautiful...

KG_Panzerschreck 10-04-2011 02:38 PM

Played through the entire tutorial last night. I really like this new version. If you've played PG i the past you can play PC now np. Even if you havent, this is a simple to learn, fun to play, impossible to master type of game.

There are some new tidbids that make it the PG you always wanted it to be.

Units can now use rail lines to move between cities. Speaking of rail lines there are railguns and armored train units now.

There is a new type of ship unit thats like an armored boat that can travel along rivers.

Certain AA units such as the German 88mm Flak gun can switch between the AA and AT role at your whim.

Units in combat that have more than 3 units "touching them", ie in combat with them, get a much reduced defense because of being spread to thin along the front.

Mt. Troops actually act like Mt. Troops and disregard the movement penalty for moving through Mts.

It actually pays to have scout cars in the game now. If you discover enemy units without getting ambushed, you get a possible series of bonus, one hex moves to scout out the enemy position. Very cool and very "scout like".

Units can now be awarded medals and citations and heros can emerge from the ranks to make your units even more powerful.

Plus all the updated graphics and interfaces that make the game look great.

I would reccomend this to anyone.

KG_Panzerschreck 10-06-2011 02:17 AM

Ok Mark, lets do this thing. Im ready to go.

If you know how to start an email game let me know what to do and we'll get one going.

Anyone else have this yet?

Slitherine should port this over the the XBOX360. I think it would look great on my big HD Flatscreen.

KG_Soldier 10-07-2011 02:53 PM

Well. . . when I start multiplayer it asks for a username and password, but I have no idea what mine are. I've tried every combination I've ever used on everything, but no luck.

I'm working on it, Kent. When I get home tonight, I'll try to figure it out.

How about the Kursk scenario? I haven't played it. Choose a side.

KG_Jag 10-07-2011 03:46 PM

A hotfix as issued yesterday. See:

http://panzer-corps.com/2011/10/panz...gets-a-hotfix/

KG_Panzerschreck 10-08-2011 02:22 AM

You have to register the game and when you do you pick a name, in my case "KGPanzerschreck", {it wont let you put a _ in a name} and a PW, but im assuming you set up a game on your PC and then send it to their servers and then the opposing player has to pick it out and then go from there. I logged on the other night just to see what it looked like and some of the games had a lock symbol infront of them so im assuming you can password them so just anyone cant join. If im telling you a bunch of stuff you already know i apologize, but this is about all ive figured out so far.

FYI - It only took my hard copy 4 days to come to my house from there shipping location. I dont know where thats at as it wasnt marked on the padded envelope.

KG_Soldier 10-08-2011 11:02 AM

All right. Got it figured out. Cool. . . I thought it was going to be PBEM, but it looks like it's an ip game. I guess we have to agree on a time to play. My wife's out of town all weekend, but UT and OU play in an hour (11:00 cst), so let me know when you want to have the scrap and I'll be there.

KG_Soldier 10-08-2011 11:30 AM

Okay. . . it is PBEM (I think). I set up one of the mp scenarios (The Frozen North) and issued a challenge.
Password: kgclash

KG_Panzerschreck 10-08-2011 02:34 PM

Ok. Ill look for it. :^)

KG_Panzerschreck 10-08-2011 03:08 PM

Ok Mark, we are connected. It must be your move to go first since you set up the game, as i cant do anything. Ill check it later tonight when i get back from the inlaws. GL! {If i can find a way to flame your ass, i will lol}

KG_Soldier 10-08-2011 04:35 PM

All right. . . made my first move. Good luck.

KG_Panzerschreck 10-08-2011 10:48 PM

Didnt get back til now, late, but set up and sent....

Should be fun playing with all this heavy duty late war Russian stuff. :damnmate:

KG_Panzerschreck 10-11-2011 04:14 AM

Mark & I are several turns into our game and it is swinging wildly back and forth. Could be anyones match....

KG_Soldier 10-11-2011 03:59 PM

I really like the way the server works: no downloading and unzipping files, pretty cool.

For all of you ex computer wargamers (Bill, Koz, JJ, Frank, Pat), the turns take all of 5 minutes or so, so you guys could easily play this.

KG_Panzerschreck 10-11-2011 10:41 PM

It is interesting how they opted to run their multiplayer games. You send your turns through their system/server. They keep tabs on games, gamers, whats being played ect., and they dont have to bother anyone with questions. Quite ingenius if you ask me.

KG_Jag 10-12-2011 12:01 AM

But what if that server goes away for whatever reason(s)? Can you still play h2h?

KG_Panzerschreck 10-12-2011 12:13 AM

Remains to be seen. I have thought of that myself....

KG_Panzerschreck 10-12-2011 12:19 AM

Even without the H2H play, the game is fully engrossing playing the Campaigns. They already have 2 new 1939 & 1940 grand campaigns for sale on the website with a ton more to come. {I plan on waiting til a bunch are out and look for a bundle pack at a reduced price}

From what i have read between the lines on different websites i belive this game is going to be expanded into other wars/time frames and other theaters of WWII. I dont think the server is going anywhere anytime soon, but i could be wrong. Lets hope not. :sheep:

KG_Soldier 10-12-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Jag (Post 52253)
But what if that server goes away for whatever reason(s)? Can you still play h2h?

Right now, the answer is no. The only way to play h2h is through their server. But I think this game will be around for a long time and really can't see them ending h2h play anytime soon.

And Kent is right; the single player campaign game is really challenging and fun.

This game is really just an upgraded version of Panzer General. It's not rocket surgery. But it has great graphics, better ai, and a lot of new features.

I bought War in the East, but I really don't have the time one would need to really get into it. For those with limited gaming time looking for a little bit of fun, this is a great game.

KG_Soldier 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/...ls/PanzerCorps

KG_Panzerschreck 10-12-2011 09:51 PM

An example of how tuff the campaigns are.

I played through on the easiest setting {forget the name, there are 5 settings i belive, all based on german ranks}first time through. Lots of prestige points to be had and 99% of all enemy encountered only had 5 strength points instead of the usual 10.

Playing through a second time now, on sergeant difficulty{the next to easiest setting, 99% of units have 10 strength, with some at 15, they are elite units} and i have won all my games, but most were decisive victories, only two were total victories. Its not to last though. I am now having my core group of units destroyed utterly in operation Bagration. Not because of lack of skill on my part or lack of quality units or Prestige Points, but because the Russians have a massive amount of killer new equipment and a powerful airforce. Im going to be gone soon, lol. Just like IRL.

I cant even imagine how tuff the next three settings are. :^&

KG_Soldier 10-12-2011 11:00 PM

No doubt this game can be really tough. I started on the 1941-45 Campaign on Colonel (medium)(starts with Barbarossa), but I kept getting stopped short of Moscow, and like three times I was arrested and executed. So I started over on the 1939-45 Campaign (Poland) so I could build a stronger force for the invasion of Russia. I just won a decisive victory at Kiev and am starting the drive toward Moscow. I have twice as many tanks as I did last time I tried and my air force is much more experienced. Those pesky Russians have a ton of fighters. Hopefully, I'll at least keep from being executed and make it to Stalingrad before I'm once again arrested.

KG_Jag 10-13-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Soldier (Post 52256)
"...rocket surgery."

LOL!!!! :coffee:

KG_Soldier 10-13-2011 12:33 AM

Good game, Kent. I thought you were going to run over me for a while. Few things in life are certain, but one of them is that you will always find a way to flame my ass! First turn, first contact, Kent flames my infantry.

Sad and funny at the same time.

Why don't you pick one and let's play another?

KG_Soldier 10-13-2011 12:51 AM

Tally Ho! You're up. Good luck.

KG_Panzerschreck 10-13-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Soldier (Post 52266)
Good game, Kent.

GG to you as well. I knew it was over after you halted my attack, but i was holding out for a miracle, which never happened, so i ended it. :ogre[1]:

I have a feeling most games will end with surrenders because of the PP system. One side will just have to many points and the other isnt going to have any. Not always, but at some point in the game it will happen and it will give on side an advantage over the other, as it should, thats what you earn by taking Victory Flags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Soldier (Post 52266)
Few things in life are certain, but one of them is that you will always find a way to flame my ass!

Like sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives... :flamethro

KG_Panzerschreck 10-13-2011 01:57 AM

Some of you other guys have got to get this game....:elefant::banana3[1]::redapple1[1]::rock:

KG_Swampfox 10-13-2011 06:13 PM

keep talking, i'm paying attention.......
Never played PG before so i'm clueless on the game engine...

I've only done CC and CM so i dont know what to even expect....

Keep the lurkers posted....

KG_Soldier 10-13-2011 06:20 PM

Pat,

You can get Panzer General Forever for free. It's not the same as Panzer Corps, but it'll give you a good idea of how the game works.

http://rudankort.spb.ru/pgforever/

KG_Panzerschreck 10-13-2011 10:47 PM

Yes Pat, do get PG for free. When you get PC you'll recognize everything & be able to play the game right away. :bigun2:

KG_Panzerschreck 10-19-2011 01:54 PM

Mark & I are about halfway through our second game in PC and its going about how i expected it to go. Back and forth.

We each started out on the opposite side of a valley with victory flags strew in cities across the central part of the map running north to south along a river line. I've got the top of the map, he's got the bottom, and im entrenched in the middle and thats currently where the dogfight is now.

Im Germans and Mark is the Brits. Its late war. Its a brutal slugfest between Regiments of M-10's, Firefly's, Cromwell's and few other Brit toys vrs my Jagdtigers, Jagdpanthers, Elephants & Panthers. It sounds lopsided but mark has a large airforce where i dont. Although i did spook him for a few turns with a handful of ME-262's, LOL.

He has had me on the ropes a couple of times but he has run low on ammo and had to pull back and resupply, and or i managed to beat him back. Could be anyones game.

Looking forward to more turns in the meat grinder..... :bigchainsaw:

KG_Jag 10-20-2011 05:31 AM

There is a Three Moves Ahead pod cast on the game:

http://flashofsteel.com/index.php/20...-first-panzer/

I haven't listened to this one, but a couple others on other games (CM & SM Alpha Centauri) were well worth the time.

KG_Jag 11-16-2011 03:41 PM

An upcoming demo has been announced:

http://matrixgames.com/news/852/Panz...Demo.Announced!

"The demo includes 6 missions from the Bootcamp Campaign, plus the invasion of Poland and the first few turns of the Norway scenario. The transition between the first two scenarios of the main campaign allows you to upgrade your army between scenarios and get a feel for how units improve and gain experience as they travel from battle to battle. Also packaged with the demo is a limited version of Panzer Corps’ powerful scenario editor so modders can try their hand at the near limitless possibilities for making new scenarios and campaigns!"

KG_Panzerschreck 11-22-2011 01:34 PM

After about...what is it Mark? Five or six games now. I have been humiliated in each one.

Im having a bit of trouble comming to grips with the assignment of points each turn that are used to repair/upgrade/buy new units. Everything always starts off fine and i usually end up losing a victory hex or two {which is inevitable in this game}and then the unending slide starts. Ill go from having enough points to buy two expensive units or fix everything i have, to barely being able to repair anything over the course of 3 or 4 turns. Once you reach that state, its hopeless as you cant defend or counter-attack properly because you cant replace your losses.

Dont get me wrong, this is a great game. Im just not used to its ins & outs yet. Im normally able to pick systems up fairly quickly. I have no problem with this in the Vrs. PC mode. I guess i have to put in more losses to figure it out. I just hope Mark has the patience for me, LOL.

FYI - Mark i started another one, same PW :laugh:

KG_Soldier 11-22-2011 05:10 PM

Kent, are you using veteran replacements? Because in the MP games, the units are almost all 0 experience to start, so I only use the cheap replacements and use the extra points to buy new units.

KG_Panzerschreck 11-22-2011 11:07 PM

I figured that out after the second battle.

After a half a turn i already know how this one is going to go. I cant touch your fighters so youll get the air and pound me lol.

KG_Soldier 11-24-2011 05:25 AM

Looks as if it won't be that easy, unfortunately.

I'll be out of town until Saturday.

KG_Panzerschreck 11-24-2011 10:38 PM

OK NP :popc1[1]:

KG_Jag 11-25-2011 05:01 AM

The demo is out and the game is on sale for only $19.00. See:

http://matrixgames.com/products/399/...s/Panzer.Corps.

KG_Panzerschreck 11-25-2011 02:03 PM

Now is the time to grab it. Cant wait to lose to more of you.