Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   Combat Mission (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   The "Diverse" BB Team Tourney /rd1 (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=6533)

Palantir 10-14-2008 12:47 PM

The "Diverse" BB Team Tourney /rd1

All right,

Based on the wide range of posts & poll results the "players tourney" will now be a "diverse" group of BB scenarios using the team approach.

Each devoted player will pick their side for the tourney of @ 6 rounds & select a Captain.

Scenarios will have each side attacking & defending in some fashion.

Scoring:
Total vic = 15
Major vic = 13
Tactical vic = 11
Minor vic = 9
DRAW = 7
Min loss = 5
Tac loss = 3
Maj loss = 1
Tot loss = 0

Round one:

Each TEAM will select a total of 2050 pts (w/in @10pts) of units from Oct ’42 (all combined) list. The Captain will send me their teams unit list, I will then drop them in the appropriate setup zones.

Restrictions- of your total 2050 pts select 550 pts worth as your defensive force, the other 1500 pts will be your offensive force. (Units will appear as they are selected off the list = I will not modify any of the units.) Each force, defensive & offensive has its own setup area.

Orders: Advance & take control of the road and 3 towns immediately to your front.

Group A (Defensive force) has accomplished their mission already.
Group B (Offensive force) has not...

Defensive force mission: hold the small town.
Offensive force mission: continue advance: cut the road and secure 2 small towns.

Map: basically mirrored in design.
1300 x 1700- dry, cool, midday, clear, breeze, moderate trees, small hills villages.
Turns: 30+
(Based on the map size expect some small unit engagements.)

Once teams are selected & a captain picked you have 1 week to rush me your unit selections. Hopefully you can make a "private" team thread to post your tactics & plans in or discuss your games progress.

If required I can send the captain the map.

Scoring: will be based on either end game Victory Pts or awarded based on Victory / Defeat level. (still under discussion)

Palantir 10-14-2008 12:49 PM

These are the players currently in the Tourney: anyone else? Ask your fellow dedicated gaming warriors!

KG-

Soldier
SSpoom
Swampfox
AirborneBob
RangerBooBoo
Jag

Norad?

Palantir 10-15-2008 09:26 PM

This one is ready to go so players are highly encouraged to pick the side (team) they want for the tourney.

Or not...

KG_Swampfox 10-15-2008 11:37 PM

I am fine with either side.......

KG_RangerBooBoo 10-16-2008 11:33 AM

Either side is fine with me also.

KG_AirborneBob 10-16-2008 01:06 PM

Put me on the Group B..stands for Bob!!

Palantir 10-16-2008 03:39 PM

FINE, FINE!!!!
Here I give everyone a chance to pick their favorite side but no, everyone’s too polite to choose. :biggrin:

(afk for a few minutes while randomly determining the teams / side /match-ups...)

Ok back, :itsme: here are the sides & teams based on the 6 man pool:

Axis: Swamp / AirborneBob / Jag
Allied: Soldier / RangerBooBoo / SSpoom

Match-ups: :fight:

Swamp vs. RangerBooBoo
AirborneBob vs. SSpoom
Jag vs. Soldier

Heck I'll even randomly decide the Captains! :ogre[1]:

Axis: AirborneBob
Allies: SSpoom

So- Captains, send me your unit list (based on above guidelines) and once I get them the tourney is off & running. :shakehand

If anyone else wants to compete when we get a pair you're in.

The next round will be 20,000 pts on a small woods map with nothing but mortar squads... :flute:

KG_Norad 10-16-2008 08:53 PM

Good Luck

Looks like you guys are all set 3 on 3 so unless someone else joins I will pass. Have fun guys! Good Luck!

KG_Swampfox 10-16-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantir (Post 48525)
The next round will be 20,000 pts on a small woods map with nothing but mortar squads... :flute:

I'm up for that... "fire in the hole" :)

KG_Jag 10-16-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantir (Post 48525)
FINE, FINE!!!!

Damn, I was hoping for all rocket spotters!