Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   Combat Mission (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Diverse scenarios = outside tourney (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=6912)

Palantir 07-14-2010 01:54 PM

Diverse scenarios = outside tourney

Hey, with CMx2 nowhere on the horizon yet...

I was wondering if I should hold a small tourney at GS using the Diverse scenarios 1-4 to get everyone out of their boredom over there (or any other CM player).

I'd go with your force selections for the Axis/Allied sides. Eventually I'd release them as stand alone scenarios just like I did with the Heavy Metal Tourney but noting KG's force selection contribution.

Since I didn't make them alone & we did as a group specifically for KG I'd like your opinions on using them for an outside tourney. You might want scenario changes first or not want such a tourney held. {If you wanted to play them again in that tourney would be up to you with note you'd played them already}

Let me know.
Kerry

KG_SSpoom 07-14-2010 09:38 PM

Im running Vista and Windows 7 on my machines Im not sure if I can play.

KG_Jag 07-17-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantir (Post 51253)
Hey, with CMx2 nowhere on the horizon yet...

I was wondering if I should hold a small tourney at GS using the Diverse scenarios 1-4 to get everyone out of their boredom over there (or any other CM player).

I'd go with your force selections for the Axis/Allied sides. Eventually I'd release them as stand alone scenarios just like I did with the Heavy Metal Tourney but noting KG's force selection contribution.

Since I didn't make them alone & we did as a group specifically for KG I'd like your opinions on using them for an outside tourney. You might want scenario changes first or not want such a tourney held. {If you wanted to play them again in that tourney would be up to you with note you'd played them already}

Let me know.
Kerry

I'd have to refresh my memory on some of the designs and maybe some tweaking would be helpful. However, I like the idea and there needs to be more (some?) CM x 1 playing at GS (soon? to return to being called Warfare HQ again). Don't think any of us can play though (even if on the opposite side we played in the KG tourney), unless you just need an extra body because we should have an unfair advantage.

KG_Jag 07-17-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_SSpoom (Post 51257)
Im running Vista and Windows 7 on my machines Im not sure if I can play.

Come on Steve--I know that you have at least one of the "not free" VISTA patches and you got at least one of the two running.

KG_SSpoom 07-17-2010 07:47 PM

I did get the vista machine to run with the patch but I was having trouble with the saved files.
I will look into getting it to work though.

Palantir 07-21-2010 04:11 PM

I went ahead & posted the diverse scenarios 1-4 from here as a Tourney starting at GS.

Somebody as to get those guys from just eating each other over there...

Palantir 07-22-2010 01:57 AM

I wonder...
If I mention at GS that KG selected the units in the Diverse Tourney & played the scenarios already = "play-tested" for me (HAHA) would that compell anyone there to come here & check out KG for "inside" info on the scenarios before playing them ala- cheating?

Hmmm.

KG_Swampfox 07-22-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantir (Post 51280)
I wonder...
If I mention at GS that KG selected the units in the Diverse Tourney & played the scenarios already = "play-tested" for me (HAHA) would that compell anyone there to come here & check out KG for "inside" info on the scenarios before playing them ala- cheating?

Hmmm.

AARs and running commentary could be moved to the private section of the website to prevent that type of espionage.

Palantir 07-22-2010 02:29 PM

Great Idea!
I wouldn't want all of KG's hard work & fun to be used in a poor sportsman like manner.

Palantir 07-22-2010 09:03 PM

PS.

Can they get locked to non-KG'ers ASAP so I can give credit to KG for the unit selections & enjoying them?
Thanks!