Kampfgruppe Forums

Kampfgruppe Forums (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/index.php)
-   Combat Mission (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   A nightmare or dream come true? (https://www.kampfgruppe.org/showthread.php?t=6371)

Palantir 06-13-2008 02:29 PM

A nightmare or dream come true?

I have to relate this actual nightmare (dream?) I just had to show how long I’ve been working on my WCE scenario & how little sleep I must be getting.

Setting: a high school gymnasium, the entire gym floor is covered with 1000’s of computer screens lying on their backs with CMBB terrain showing on them.
Players: KG-Soldier, KG-Jag, KG-AirborneBob & me.

Situation: All four of us are under the goalpost lying on top of the screens our heads poised over 1 screen squinting at a mass of CM “realistic” scaled Soviet “orange” bases.” The screen shows a SMALL section of Sevastopol. Soldier is issuing orders to these troops via touch-screen.

This is the actual short conversation/happenings I remember from that dream:

AirborneBob: “Is your turn done YET?”
Soldier - as he hits the “GO” button he glances over his shoulder looking at a screen at the far end of the gym, “no, I still have to issue orders for my counter-attack at Stalingrad.”
I then hear Jag’s thoughts as he looks at me, “I think you designed this one TOO big…”

It gets better- Soldier is dressed like Hitler in ’45, Airbornebob as Goring in his blue uniform & Jag is in a red bathrobe (I can’t see myself). Now, I don’t know what any of these guys’ looks like in reality but the “vision” I had of those “guys” like that is hilarious! (I'm still wondering about Bill's uniform of choice though...)

It reminded me of seeing GDW’s massive Drang Nach Osten laid out & being played at a convention one time.

Anyway, had to share that, very unusual dream I had- to some CM players having a scenario on that huge scale might just be a dream come true!

KG_AGCent 06-13-2008 03:49 PM

Its a sickness I tell you... we welcome you to the asylum!

KG_Jag 06-13-2008 06:00 PM

I don't own a red bathrobe!

The uniforms of the other two guys sound authentic.

2054172 06-13-2008 10:20 PM

Your losing it!

Maybe i am loosing it...I almost called you POS....:burnout:
I guess, you may know who I spend my time keeping an eye on...:nut[1]:

Maybe you just need a break... maybe a CMAK game....:listen: have a :party: take some time with the wife...:love2: and then start a fresh.:salute[1]:

Palantir 06-13-2008 11:07 PM

You know what part of that dream is still "weird" to me?
That two guys are in uniforms & Bill is not- scarey!!

Hey Doc- what does that mean? :)

KG_Jag 06-13-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palantir (Post 47377)
You know what part of that dream is still "weird" to me?
That two guys are in uniforms & Bill is not- scarey!!

Hey Doc- what does that mean? :)

Kerry, there are some things you just don't want to know!

KG_Soldier 06-14-2008 12:35 AM

Big Smile / Big Smile / (from one of the Lethal Weapon movies)

KG_AirborneBob 06-15-2008 09:34 AM

Und Ve still have Luftwaffe assets ready at your disposal Mein Feurher!!!:salute[1]: