View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Generalleutnant

You are exactly right that MS put out Halo 2 on Vista only to promote Vista. But all they've really done is give a minor perk to those folks who bought and adopted Vista early.

Why? Halo 2 is a 3 year old game that most folks (including me) who wanted to play it, have already done so because they own an X-Box or a 360.

Halo 2 on Vista is the equivalent of offering a complimentary paring knife when you've just bought a full kitchen from a home remodeler. As Vista becomes more popular, you will see developers develop Vista only games. It's no different than XBox 360 or PS3 development. Once the system gets some legs, the developer no longer develops for the lowest common demoninator.

I would suspect, if PC development is like console development that it will take about a year before developers focus on exclusive VISTA content.

I'm not sure how this should bother anyone. If you choose to buy a new PC with VISTA and you are a gamer, it's not much different than choosing to buy a PS3. You are buying for future potential not current library.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3