View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
General der Panzer

The best way to seal the border is to increase the number of work visas. The need for migrant produce workers is very high. If they're documented properly, then we can know which ones are criminals. If you're a criminal, you can't come in and you can't stay. This way, the only ones trying to sneak across the border are the bad guys. Them, we can shoot with a clear conscience.

Now when it comes to Canada, I say build a big-ass fence. :)

And as far as the slavery part goes, Matrf doesn't know what he's talking about. I forgive him. Both Bill and I are pretty much life-long Texans and understand that Mexican culture is a big part of Texas culture. For the most part, the Mexican community in Texas consists of hard-working, family-oriented people. And I said "for the most part" because every ethnicity has its bad--white, black, ect. Mexicans working as migrant farm workers have it tough. No one can claim otherwise; however, they are not slaves and make so much more money here than in Mexico that it's silly to call them slaves.

By your reasoning Matrf, Mexico's 2nd largest industry is supplying the U.S. with slaves -- interesting.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 10-11-2007 at 02:26 PM..