View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Being an owner of the game and having followed its development for as long as it was whispered to be in the works I think I had invested as much hope and dreams of what I would want in the game as anyone else. Now I have not lapped up every bit of information posted by BF nor followed every thread to its bitter end. I don't think its necessary to do that in order to know that CMx2 was never intended to be an updated CMx1 but a completely new game built from the ground up. Knowing that, I went into this with an open mind and no preconcieved notions of what it was going to be or play like. In concept and general execution I was impressed.

I don't want another CMx1, frankly. The ones we have are fine, they cover most major theaters of action and after three renditions, they got it right, just fine. I have been putzing around with CMSF here and there awaiting the mother-of-all-patches knowing that the game is not in a h2h playable state until many of these problems are solved. The engine has a lot of potential and as it matures it is going to make an incredibly fun game. CMBO was the same way.... 12 patches it took them to get it right, and they didn't really get it all the way right until CMAK. For me, the bottom line is this; they have a very good track record of fixing and supporting their product. I believe this will be no different for CMSF. It has to be, too much is riding on the success of this engine for it to be otherwise.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 12-13-2007 at 10:44 PM..