View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Feldwebel

Default A nightmare or dream come true?

I have to relate this actual nightmare (dream?) I just had to show how long I’ve been working on my WCE scenario & how little sleep I must be getting.

Setting: a high school gymnasium, the entire gym floor is covered with 1000’s of computer screens lying on their backs with CMBB terrain showing on them.
Players: KG-Soldier, KG-Jag, KG-AirborneBob & me.

Situation: All four of us are under the goalpost lying on top of the screens our heads poised over 1 screen squinting at a mass of CM “realistic” scaled Soviet “orange” bases.” The screen shows a SMALL section of Sevastopol. Soldier is issuing orders to these troops via touch-screen.

This is the actual short conversation/happenings I remember from that dream:

AirborneBob: “Is your turn done YET?”
Soldier - as he hits the “GO” button he glances over his shoulder looking at a screen at the far end of the gym, “no, I still have to issue orders for my counter-attack at Stalingrad.”
I then hear Jag’s thoughts as he looks at me, “I think you designed this one TOO big…”

It gets better- Soldier is dressed like Hitler in ’45, Airbornebob as Goring in his blue uniform & Jag is in a red bathrobe (I can’t see myself). Now, I don’t know what any of these guys’ looks like in reality but the “vision” I had of those “guys” like that is hilarious! (I'm still wondering about Bill's uniform of choice though...)

It reminded me of seeing GDW’s massive Drang Nach Osten laid out & being played at a convention one time.

Anyway, had to share that, very unusual dream I had- to some CM players having a scenario on that huge scale might just be a dream come true!

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne