View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Thanks Franky.

He is a big loveable baby. He loves people and especially kids. My two cats are scared to death of him. They sneak up on him while he is sleeping and sniff him, and if he moves, huffs or rolls over they take off like they are gonna die. Its funny as hell to watch. Ill imagine its going to take a while for them all to get used to each other. Sarge was raised with 2 tiny dogs, so hes been around other small animals. Hopefully he will like the cats.

Yes, that's the living room walls. Its real wood logs late 1700's. We believe the core of the house was built in 1790 and was a one room log cabin. The wood is American Chestnut. Which was blighted and made extinct sometime in the 1800's. If I wanted to make a fortune, I could have someone come in and remove the logs and replace them with 2x4s and drywall but that room would lose all its beauty. Those logs go for around three to five thousand a piece. I did the math. I have about 30,000 in the living room lol. Its tempting but we love them and they are staying put.