View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Exclamation

Man this is a tough one. i have owned 2 Springfields, 2 Lee-Enfields, 1 Mosin Nagant & more Mausers than i can count. i have shot an Arisaka {my old man brought one home from WW2} and the MAS. never shot the Carcano. they are all great weapons & very accurate. The Springfield is basicly a carbon copy of the Mauser rechambered to .30-06. i love the Mauser for obvious reasons and therefore i love the Springfield. i also love the Mosin Nagant. simple and indestructable. i would never vote for the MAS or the Carcano because of the stigma attached to French and Italian military/weapons, lol.

When it comes down to it i had to vote for the Lee-Enfield. Great accuracy, high clip capacity, and you have to love those neat little peep sights. very accurate and they are idiot proof as far as long range shooting goes. i once killed a white tailed deer at 600 yards with one of my .303's. and if you run outta ammo you can take someones head off with the gun, its that heavy lol.