View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
General der Panzer

The Horror

The defense force in the main town has been decimated. The 150mm German guns brought the brick buildings down on the flamers and demo squads. Two platoons of Demo squads, 9 flame teams, a platoon of engineers, and several MGs burn in the ruins. The mortors hidden in the light trees along the road managed to kill 6 guns, but one german gun still lives in town and 2 (another 150 and a 75 AT gun) are still in the German woods north of the city. The 75 AT gun knocked the gun off of a scouting Sherman, so my relief force is skirting the German held church on the southern edge of the city and sweeping in behind it. As an M10 crept into an overwatch position, a Stug from behind the German river a 1000 yards away (I swear that damn Jag must spend hours finding his little keyholes ) shocks it with the first shot and kills it with the second. Next turn another crack M10 in a hulldown position fires 5 rounds at the Stug and misses every shot.

My infantry is marching into position behind the church, M10s are overwatching the Shermans moving behind the city. There are 7 MKIVs moving across the bridge with 3 Stugs still on the other side of the river. The Huns killed both 57s near the south bridge with area fire (again, Jag and his crazy los), but I have 6 bazookas hidden in ambush if he pushes his last 2 MKIVs over the south bridge. I also have an M10 now in the south woods covering the south bridge as well.

With my 5 remaining regular Shermans, 2 M10s, and 2 crack 76 Shermans, I'm hoping to put the hurt on his 7 MKIVs coming over the bridge. Hopefully, the 2 M10s on overwatch can take out the Stugs (I have los on two of them but can't seem to hit 'em -- so much for crack M10s). I have to take out his relief armor and infantry before assaulting the town with my remaining 2+ companies of infantry and the 105 Shermans.

There's still 25+ turns left and a lot of work to do.

But I am playing Jag, so I expect more setbacks and crazy los kills.