Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Feldwebel

It's F2P, so we can still play but no more free gold (250 per day or exchanging Gold of Exp points or buying premium ammo & equipment) so the climb up the ladder to new tanks & standard equipment will be a long, long, long one.

To me it will all depend on how must better "premium" stuff is vs. standard stuff or if you can just play standard only matches. I expect premium players will get new maps & tanks that standard can't get.

I might spend $10 or so if they have specials like they do in LotRO for maps if they are "good" ones.

Right now my graphic card is completely shot; I can't even get a Doc. page to show properly (on my wife's PC now). So I can't access my WOT account.

The "talk" is that players will go "Premium" just long enough to get the tank they want then after that will spend no money for the game. That sounds like me, because it will take extremely long to get @50k for just a nice basic Tier 5 tank (after needing to get 10K for lvl 1 /then another 20k for lvl2 30K for lvl 3 etc...): to get a Tier 8+ could take years for @350k. PLUS getting the needed research points to first "research” them.

So, WoT will have to go to a monthly fee to survive, that sounds about right.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne