Thread: Panzer Corps
View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Played through the entire tutorial last night. I really like this new version. If you've played PG i the past you can play PC now np. Even if you havent, this is a simple to learn, fun to play, impossible to master type of game.

There are some new tidbids that make it the PG you always wanted it to be.

Units can now use rail lines to move between cities. Speaking of rail lines there are railguns and armored train units now.

There is a new type of ship unit thats like an armored boat that can travel along rivers.

Certain AA units such as the German 88mm Flak gun can switch between the AA and AT role at your whim.

Units in combat that have more than 3 units "touching them", ie in combat with them, get a much reduced defense because of being spread to thin along the front.

Mt. Troops actually act like Mt. Troops and disregard the movement penalty for moving through Mts.

It actually pays to have scout cars in the game now. If you discover enemy units without getting ambushed, you get a possible series of bonus, one hex moves to scout out the enemy position. Very cool and very "scout like".

Units can now be awarded medals and citations and heros can emerge from the ranks to make your units even more powerful.

Plus all the updated graphics and interfaces that make the game look great.

I would reccomend this to anyone.