Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Feldwebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
NM, its dumb.
Update: Ya, getting that way...

While I'm still playing I don't play as long as I used to because of the "too arcade" aspect creeping in.

Tanks designed in 1935 up against tanks designed in 1950 just doesn't quite make it. Yes they each have different bonuses & negatives: the repeating "auto-cannons" of the (proto-type) French tanks rip the crap out of stuff but, they have less armor & take awhile to reload- they suck anyway to go up against....

And the 1930-40 in WW2 operation tanks well they, umm, they hmm, what advantage do they have again.. oh ya they're FREE to play! Some are ok, a few are very good but most were nerfed & struggle vs. all the "on paper tanks" & newer models with curved armor & turrets & "premium" bought for tanks.
If you get a Panther or Tiger I don't expect anyone to go "oh no!!" Most likely it's "red meat" time.

The AMAZING light Russian T50-2 tank can go @70mph, has the armor of a battle ship and a gun to match, hmmm I guess they don't have a negative... that one sucks too. Talk about a combination of impossible components in one tank for WW2 era tanks.

When they introduce "physics" into the game oh brother. I saw a video of it and one word comes to mind: ARCADE. Saw a hvy tank drop off a ridge, bounce and just keep going. And one light tank went over a hill, bounced up, did a 360* turn in the air and roared off into the sunset.

Disappointed ya I am, but that's because I came into the game thinking "WW2" style tank warfare, which WoT is not: it's an arcade Tank first person shooter plain & simple.

Despite all of that I like the game surprisingly. It's easy to learn to play, the matches are fast and you can play for as long or short as you want with no worries.

And I have to say, I'm pretty good at it having achieved a 1:1 kill to match ratio after 7400 matches with 7500 kills which is very hard to achieve.

What I really wish they’d do is break the game up into WW2 & "Post/proto-type WW2" games: they won't but I wish they would.

So I keep playing but the introduction of "Mario-Cart physics" may be a deal breaker for me.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne