View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Generalleutnant

At the outset, I can meet with any of you on TS to discuss strategy in more detail.

OK, I meant to do assignments last night but yesterday morning I forgot it was my anniversary (doh!). Fortunately, I had pre-planned a weekend activity that saved me (the 2nd always sneaks up on me for some reason). For you single guys, be sure to get married at the end of the month, not the beginning. Trust me -- I walk along thinking "oh it's July, i have plenty of time" and them bam, August is here and I have like one day to do something.

Kharkov battles:

L10: Partisan A Company (no arty) -- this week

*M11: Partisan B Co. and C Co. 39th Gds plus SU85s -- next week (with 82mm arty -- Army level and 82mm arty 39th gaurds battery) -- site of assault boat crossing

Soldier:

*M10: Co. A and B of the 39th gaurds and 42nd Pioneer and T34s and SU85s -- this week (with 152 mm arty --- Army level) -- site of assualt boat crossing

*L8: Airborne Co., Co. A 323rd and 43rd Pioneer and Shermans -- next week (with 152 mm arty -- Army level) -- site of possible bridging operations

Stu:

Gyorium: this week (all previous arty)

*L6: Red Banner, Co. B 323rd and 44th Pioneer and Shermans -- next week (with 82mm arty from 323rd) - site of possible bridging operation

Pat/Jim:

L7: 55th Cossack Co. (no arty) -- either week

Dave:

Can you let me know if I have any remaining uncommitted arty (such as 35th guards or 29th gaurds batteries?).

For each battle with a * next to it, we need to be cautious and try to identify a section of river bank that is hard for the Germans to protect (e.g. they have poor lines of sight to cover it with AT guns), then in the final 15 minutes of the battle, we need to move in force to capture that portion of the bank. This is very important in the assault boat locations. In the locations of possible bridging operations, use your judgment as to how hard to push -- don't throw troops away. In the other battles, just probe and see what the other side has.

Also, the description of forces above is basic. In the larger battles, you will have a lot of extra ancillary units that are assigned to those battalions.