Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Feldwebel

Group play and any real tactics will come with the clan battles.
I wouldn't pass over playing the game until we get to see the 25km maps & the action on them. Isn't there another WW2 MMO set in Europe with a massive map scale? That has everything in it Airpower/Inf/Trucks etc. I just remember one of the complaints that if you die it could take an hour walking to get back to the action unless someone had trained as a truck driver. That just never caught my eye but for some reason I like WoT.

You get the arguments from players that this is "World of TANKS" not "World of infantry or artillery & tanks." I see their point, but I also see the potential to expand the game into something more. Of course then the developers will have to make the inside of buildings & the dynamics of individual soldiers etc.

I like the game for what it is, something I can jump into and play intensely for as long as I want (almost to the minute) and then take as long or as short of a break I like. I can also play each match as I want, from hiding in the back & dropping in Arty to sneaking in my TD to being in the front with a "tank."

The random maps keep the game from getting on my nerves (having to play ONLY on a map I hate). I can fight through a bad map knowing that a better one is on the way (I hope!)

I tried to load the game on my wife’s PC but it locks up each time during the download so I'll have to wait till I get a new graphic card in to play again.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne