Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Feldwebel

The Arty is completely "fictional" - the top down view is nuts, but it's in the game so... You should have seen the Arty accuracy before it was scaled back. I loved playing it, but with the accuracy being "re-adjusted" it's not as lethal = not as much fun to me.

The instant spotting by all of a team’s units is based on radio comm (better radio = longer map range). I'd like to see that changed to a more realistic model. However WoT is not so much a real tactical "facts" game for grognards as it is just a game, based on some facts for a wide appeal to players.

I see them re-modeling the game as it gets more popular to fix correct many of the game stuff for more true facts stuff.

The armor / gun penetration models might well be "off" to allow more of a game. Like first person shooters, soldiers in those can take multiple hits when in reality (facts) 1 shot would have killed them. Taking more hits before death allows more "play."

But I have no information on how WoT models the armor/penetration; I just know it's fun.
I've also ran into those situations when I can pump 5-6 rounds into something I thought 1 round should have taken out. But still, I don't know what's going on under the hood, frustrating for sure but fun. {I'd be playing right now if my PC's graphic card hadn't completely died yesterday.}

Throwing Tier level tanks 1-4 & 5-9 together is definitely a real killer for those at the bottom (tiers 1 & 5). I play the game just like the Beta is designed for: go out & try and get a kill. (Or for light tanks go spot as many enemy tanks as you can before getting killed)

I'm not that hyped to try and get the top tier tank (10) which is the end goal of the Beta.

I'm still waiting for the real game which is clan war to control "Europe" (or country).
I'm also hoping that they will have selectable options like: "no arty match" or "Tier 3 (etc) only Matches."

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne