View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

big map, bot of you saw it. i got pummelled with artillery, rockets and mortars to open the game. Stu wasn't very subtle about whwere he was going. He brought out 1st a couplr t-70s to recon u to my bldg line. I had a pltoon of infantry there but they got chewed up by some 122 artty. I got a couple of Marders into a good position but lost one quickly. Then I started to move in a couple Ferdinands to the area as I could see this was going to be his major push. Side note about Stu, he seems to be a bit uni-dimensional in his attacks, no attempts at feints or anything. He used area fire to level a couple buildings that stood in his way with a plt of T-34.
I ended up losing 2 marders, KO and 1 marder abandoned. No serious opposition was encountered for my Ferdinands, however I will say that an all out effort will be made to counter the ferdy threat and I suspect it will be airpower. The tough part about that is that it take about 3 turns for a Ferdy to roll into or out of a single-tile Scattered Trees patch. But those tanks will be the main stumbling block for the ruskies as long as I can keep them alive and get my AT Flak and HMG reinforcements in place.