View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Gaming with Vista

Trying to play games made for prior MS operating systems in Vista continues to be a problem for many. Perhaps things will improve with future service packs and/or patches, but we know that there are problems for many who want to play the CM series on Vista powered machines. Further, flight simmers are having similar problems. By way of example, this is a post at the Sim-Outhouse:

" to bad
there have been countless posts and problems with vista and the gaming community has taken a severe hit with more than just flight sims involved.
i would seriously consider installing xp onto any vista machine if you have gaming in mind.
do yourself a favour and go back and purchase il-2 1946 as it is the ultimate ww-2 flight sim with all the bells and whistles of all of the il-2 series expansions combined. then patch to the most recent patch.
i would ask the seller if they would put xp on it for you although it's better to ask that prior to the purchase

keeping vista and gaming will cause you more frustration than its worth.i know of cases where they struggled for co unless hrs. to get a sim to work and after finally flying it excitedly went to join up online and no joy it would not let him connect.
for what its worth IMHO get rid of vista and install xp for trouble free gaming.

PD"

Link here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=46777

So for those of you in the know--how deep are the problems and what are the issues that have cause them? What is the outlook for any significant improvement?