View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I must Hi-Jack the thread once more and comment on Soldiers fine point about the USA being a melting pot of many cultures and Languages. Why just the other day, all with in 20 miles of my tiny 998 person town in the middle of no where Pennsylvania, i heard 3 "Foriegn" languages in one day. One the way home from a neighboring town, we stopped in a local Chinese Restaraut and i heard Mandarin spoken so fast it sounded like it was being fired out of an MG-42. On the way home from that town we stopped at a Mennonite Tack and Harness shop. The guy who runs the place does all kinds of beautiful leathwork. I ordered a new dog collar for my dog and we stopped in to pick it up. All the local Mennonites around here still speak German at home and i heard him talking to his two young sons in German. While i was in there, 3 Mexican migrant workers were in there as well picking up a saddle for their employer. I heard the one who could speak English translating for the ones who couldnt into Spanish.

And on a side note for our friend from Quebec, 100's if not 1,000's of people speak, and have spoken French in Louisianna for hundreds of years. There are even remote parts in the Bayou where people speak no English at all belive it or not.