View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag View Post
I agree with Rob. Very few of the games I was playing on Windows 98 could not be played on XP. Vista, which appears to offer far less of a quantum jump in important features to most users than did XP, seems to be leaving a much larger segment of games and other software unusable. That my friend is a problem, and one that I am not yet ready to embrace.
Lets be fair.... XP offered a "Compatibility Software" feature but let's be real, it wasn't fool-proof by any means. It allowed you to play "some" games but NOT all games that were made for the Win 95 platform or earlier.

The only problem is that people don't know when to let go..... software compatibility ( especially with regard to new O/S's ) cannot be guaranteed forever people regardless if you LOVE a specific title. In a Utopian world everything would be perfect but my friends we don't live in one.....

It only makes sense for games made in the Win98 era not to be able to work with the VISTA platform....as technology advances some sacrafices have to be made... ( a la old games ) but then again, who in this entire thread even has Vista running on their current machine?
If memory serves, I am the only one along with Frankie.... With the impending SP who knows what will happen... you whiny little bastards might get your way... ( wink, wink ;) ) ( the last comment was made in jest )
With the new SP you just never know....

The ONLY real problem I have with VISTA is the compatibility with my freakin Itunes.... I can wholeheartedly say it sucks! It's a problem because both Apple & Microsuck are pointing the finger at each other and for the time being are not doing a damn thing about the problem.

- Emiliano Zapata