Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 08-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Feldwebel

Default Scenario scale?

I'm just curious & have a few questions concerning CMSF or "modern" warfare ranges in the scenarios.

1. What is the map size of the CMSF scenarios? (Are they compatible with CMx1, 800-2000m roughly)

2. What are the true ranges of the "weapons/guns" being used on the map: Tanks, APC, mortars, ATG's?

3. Are the "guns" out ranging the map scale they are on?

{In CMx1 the on-map guns have enough effective range to usually just make it across most average maps 1200-1500m.}

4. In CMSF are the weapons being used as they were designed as stand-off and shoot or are the maps forcing them in close to unrealistic ranges?

(What US tanker is going to close with the enemy when he can easily shoot & kill him at a mile or more?)

5. And seriously, do the Syrians really have anything militarily to challenge the US in combat? {or is the game "tweaked" to allow the Syrians to have a chance? {= non-historical}

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

All great questions id love to hear the answers to myself. Thanks for asking them Kerry.
Unread 08-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

The scale of the game is that about which CC3 used for useable quantity of units though it is said that the engine can handle up to a regiment per side. I wouldnt want to see the PBEM files on that one though. The maps can be very small like the ByteBattles of old. The editor is capable of making maps up to 3km x 3km. So figure a reinforced company sized engagement on up to 3x3 area of engagement. One feature I will probably have fun using is the ability to play blue on blue or red on red. Syrian ATGM are no laughing matter. They are stealthy and dangerous. Think of it in terms of trying to lure a Panther in a soviet 57mm AT gun ambush in mid 43. T-72s and T-62s are generally best used in infantry support or side ambushes if you can manage it. They will reliably immobilize an Abrams from an oblique or side shot. The computer actually did something smart once... it immobilized 3 of my Abrams (at a cost of 9 T-62s) the dropped 155mm artillery on them. The Abrams died.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 08-23-2007 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: typos