Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Big Game
USC 3 27.27%
Texas 6 54.55%
Did you know that Texas was once its own country? 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-09-2006, 07:08 PM
General der Panzer

Wait a minute Andy. Texas averaged maybe 3 options a game (at best). The "option read" you hear about is whether to hand off to the running back or keep it and roll out looking to pass or run, not your traditional option QB. Personally, I think he'd make a great tailback, just think of the option pass! I hope he goes to Tennessee and understudys Mcnair for a season. He's better than Michael Vick ever dreamed of being. But hey, don't call him an "option" QB.
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Cloghaun
The media had New England counted out all season this year.
What media is that? Im sick to death of of everyone kissing the Patriots asses. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in but here in east all you hear about is the mighty Patriots and how they win despite all their hardships. Quite franky im sick of hearing it. I cant wait for them to lose so i dont have to listen to it any more.
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Generaloberst

Its too bad Vince Young didnt stay in school for his senior year. Ive always hated seeing kids come out of school early.
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Are you kidding me? Up until about 2-3 weeks ago, ESPN, The Sporting News, Jim Rome, & the neighbor down the street all had New England out of the picture this year because of the reasons you state. Now the media has had to eat crow & have been changing their tune. Everyone & their mother refuses to count them out now.

Don't hate the Pats - it's all the media. Brady is a good ol boy!

lol @ Denver!
Unread 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Generaloberst

Well i guess its all in who you listen to. I would never listen to Jim Rome, what a loud mouth idiot he is. We all know they guys at ESPN love the Pats and Tampa Bay. I guess we hear what we want to hear. As far as the regional and local sports in the Pa. area that i live in is concerned, you'd of thought they'd of just won their 10th Super Bowl in a row. They get almost as much coverage as the Steelers do. Pretty impressive for a team thats hated by just about everyone in Pa. You would think that the team besides the Steelers in my area that would get the most coverage on would be the Eagles, it isnt, in fact you hear next to nothing about them. Go figure.

Tom Brady is a Great QB, there is no doubt about that. He went to a great college. But he got those rings because of the team around him and his skill, he didnt get there on his own. Case in Point, Peyton Manning. Peyton Blows Brady out of the water in individual achivements and he still doesnt have a Super Bowl ring. Id love to see him get it this year, even at the expense of the Steelers, who are my 2nd favorite team in the NFL. But i think the Pats wont make it out of Denver, in fact, i think if anyone in the AFC has the best shot at taking down the Colts, its Denver. Just my .02 cents.
Unread 01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Well, no QB ever did win a SB without a great team with him. I could really care less about New England. I just like Brady because he went to Michigan. If he doesn't win it again this year, I'll be rooting for Colts & Bears, in that order.
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:05 AM
General der Panzer

The "media" merely pointed out that N.E. had little chance of repeating due to all their injuries. I don't think anyone questions thier ability when healthy. They're still not healthy (Rodney Harrison is a HUGE part of their "D"). However, they are peaking, and I'm pulling for them to win it all again because I hate the Steelers and the Colts!
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
don't call him an "option" QB.
Marky Mark like always you can't see it because your too close....

Hmmmmm... let me see, he was the Longhorns leading rusher by a million miles over their true position Running Back(s) Dude, why can't you see that he IS an Option QB? That is why he's a top 5 or 6 draft pick ( because the NFL doesn't like Option QB's very well, his first years the Teams will try and change his mechanics AND his thinking about running down field). ESPN, Fox Sports, SI all consider him an "Option QB" whats wrong with calling a duck a duck? ( I didn't want to use the normal Spade cliche )

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
General der Panzer

Well... it wasn't 'til Mack Brown let him loose to play his game that he blossomed into the best QB in the country (Leinart included). The question is, will an NFL team see the possibility of Young shattering the mold of what an NFL QB "should be" and let him just play ball. Reigning in Michael Vick hasn't done him any good, and Young will be much harder to hurt that Vick. I think we are seeing the dawn of a new kind of NFL player. Young will become the Jordan of the NFL and re-define what a QB can do! As far as mechanics go, he led the nation this year in passing effeciency. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
General der Panzer

The legend of Vince (invincible) Young continues 'til stopped! Andy, you were critical of 'em before the game, so I don't expect to hear anything positive from you. Like Frank said, "bring him to Detroit" will have similar sayings in many cities. One thing's for sure, I'd take him over Bush or Leinart any day of the week.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 01-10-2006 at 04:24 PM..