Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Because of the harsh consequences, you rarely see diving anymore from the players. Also, because it is a potential match turning penalty, the foul must be aggregious for a referee to consider calling it.
Unread 06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Oberst

As it stands now, the US is at the bottom of the heap in Group E with a record of 0-1-1. However, we play Ghana next, though they are having a Cinderella tournament, we have a legitimate chance of beating them. If we do beat them and Italy beats the Czech Republic the US, being in second place in the group, will advance to Round 2.

That however is as far as we will go. In the Round of 16 2nd place Group E plays 1st place Group F... Brazil. It will be a great experience for our team to play against a team that truly knows the meaning of Joga Bonita.
Unread 06-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

The U.S Team should already be on a plane and flying home, they should be ashamed of themselves... Not a single goal scored and with them Playing Ghana on Thursday it's over... Put it in the bank because it's over! There are way too many variables for the U.S Team to advance even if they pull a rabbit out of a raisin.

The young goalie "Kingson" from Ghana has been playing better and better with each game you can see his confidence building. The talent on the U.S Team is Average at best... I mean without the Miracle of italy scoring on themselves the U.S Team would have already been eliminated. Yes, a minor victory because they held Italy to 1 goal but the stroke of midnight is upon the U.S. Team and the piper is going to collect.

I beleive that the powerhouses of Germany and Brasil are on a collision course with my dark horses of either Ghana or possibly Argentina making a possible play at the finals.

Just MHO

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Oberst

Though you are right for a number of reasons, Crim, the possibility still remains that we can advance. Cold hard numbers. If we do, we will go no further. If we don't someone who deserves to go, will.
Unread 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Well tha U.S TEAM Crashed & BURNED today losing
2 to 1 to Ghana....

Ghana's next opponent will be Brasil who will CRUSH them like no other.

I am still standing by my prediction of Germany Vs. Brasil with my darkhorses of Argentina & Ghana

But you never know.... So far the cup has been freakin awesome!

If your not watching it your missing out....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Oberst

Well, the next big matches to watch are:
  • Portugal v. the Netherlands (may Catholic Portugal squish the left-wing godless heathen secularists)
  • Italy v. Australia (Italians annoy me even though they are Catholic, go Oddstralia!)
  • Argentina v. Mexico (Tough call with two Catholic countries but I will root on Argentina as Mexico came out of an incredibly girly group)
  • Brazil v. Ghana (What the hell is a Ghana anyway? Some sort of mutant lizard people that have declared their independence from Oddstralia?)
  • Germany v. Sweden (May ze Vaterland von mein deutche shepherd Benedictus XVI kicken ze sheisse aus von deiser Gott-less pagans.)
  • England v. Ecuador (Anglicans are a silly lot, who the hell bases an entire protestant sect on the idea that killing your wife is a good thing... go Ecuador!)

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 06-22-2006 at 09:16 PM..
Unread 06-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Klose is a freaking scoring machine for the Germans. One of the goals he scored against Ecuador the other day was a thing of beauty! Im rooting for the Germans the rest of the way. How can i not cheer for the home of my ancestors?!
Unread 06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Generalleutnant

I think Argentina is going to win it all!

This Friday is D-Day Shreckie.... Germany vs. Argentina

We'll see if brute strength versus speed and finesse will win out.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Should be a good match. The Germans are overachiving for sure but something magical is happing with them playing in their home country.

Did any of you guys see the Nederlanders beating the crap out of, but not winning the match over Portugal? Man that was brutal. Im suprised their werent riots after that game.
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Generalleutnant

The officiating as a whole is severely taking the shine away from the game ESPCIALLY the Russian Ref.... what a complete an utter jackass.... I guess he wanted the camera time.

- Emiliano Zapata