Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Play CM sometime Crimson, when you get a kill ratio like 2500 to 250 now thats kicking some ass. :P
Unread 06-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panther
I bought it on Newegg and it should be delivered tommorow. Once I get it, what else do I need?
3 more and then you'll have a nice set of coasters for your coffe table, lol. :twisted:

sorry guys, nothing personal, i just couldnt resist.
Unread 06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Obergefreiter

HAHAHA!@ Schrek

Yeah I hear ya. I've gotten caught int he hype on more than a few games only to find out they suck or I can't play them due to a technical glitch or patch that I can't download for some reason (i.e. Soldiers).

I threw out a lot of old games last month. This game is fun but I can tell I will get bored of it pretty quickly. Running and killing and running and being killed...that kind of stuff gets old. I enjoy the use of larger scale strategy much more (CM).
Unread 06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panzerschreck
Play CM sometime Crimson, when you get a kill ratio like 2500 to 250 now thats kicking some ass. :P
I just can't get into Turn Based games... I find them boring in my opinion ( just my humble opinion ) My biggest problem with them is if you see what your opponent is doing you can't act on it right away. Sometimes in battles you had but a few moments to where you could capitolize on a brief mistake.... and yes I have heard the arguement that "Hey thats how war was always fought" But I beg to differ... even when orders were sent it into the field commanding officers they could change how an objective was to be attacked or counter attacked depending on what they "Actually" saw.

Yes, Shooters have their place and so do Strategy games the whole key is to get the balance right. :twisted:

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_SSpoom
So how do I add custom sprays?
When I get home from work I can walk you through it over TS.

First and foremost, get a picture you like... it can be a jpeg, bmp and so forth (gif's sometimes work) and if you have any photoshop or similar program reduce it to say 100x100 you should be safe and not get any distortion.

Cruise the interent for pics from your favorite sites and save them to your pictures folder and we can go from there.

:twisted:

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Generaloberst

thats ok if CM isnt your cup of tea Crimson. i would be lax in my job of DC of CM if i at least didnt try every once in a while to drag other KGers who dont play the game into it kicking and screaming. :shock:

suprisingly enough once you get used to the interface and how the game works and is played you can react to situations as they develope very quickly in this game. alot quicker than you might think. but then again, as Gen. Grant once said, "it all about making them react to you, not you reacting to them". :!:
Unread 06-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper
Panther
Cooper
SSpoom
Soldier
GasX
AGCent
Zulu
Crimson
Pfffffffffffff thats nothing without noggs...........but that not gonna happen, because that game is a rip off, because they make you buy a game and than buy another game inorder to play it............and you have to have an account.............thats stupid......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panzerschreck
thats ok if CM isnt your cup of tea Crimson.
I have been looking for combat mission at the store, but there are several copies there, which one should i buy??? what version??? just tell me the exact name of the game that you guys play, or a link would help too???
Unread 06-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Generalleutnant

Don't be hijacking my thread!

Post a thread in the CM section Noggs, you'll get your answer.

BTW, it's Combat Mission : Barbarossa to Berlin and
Combat Mission Afrika Corps

:twisted:

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Generaloberst

thats a hoot! threads get hijacked all the time. lol. remember my question about a stug vrs a nashorn dissolving into who you liked better, angelina jolie or jennifer anniston? :lol:

if you had only the money to buy one of the games Noggs get Combat Mission: Barbarossa To Berlin. but the games maker does sell a nice package deal were you get the above and Combat Mission: Afrika Corps Bundled with it. here is their website -

http://battlefront.com/
Unread 06-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Generaloberst

Yessir Noggs, i think once you get used to the ordes phase and the game interface and how things work in CM, you'll soon forget all about these silly little nonsensecal FPS games and step up to the plate for some real war gaming. FPS are fun, i played them too ya know, but they hardly hold a candle to a game like CM.

and before you fly off the handle, you defenders of FPS's, i mean no personal disrespect to any of you. but you just cant compare the controlling of a regiment or two of troops to running around like a nut shooting at people. and yes i know there "could" be elements of strategy in those games, but good luck getting anyone other than the occasional clanmate to play that way with you. and i know what im talking about, im a veteran of all the MOH games and Both versions of COD.