Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 07-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Bad news about the CM Scenario Depot

Read it here from the Batttlefront forum:

Admiral Keth
Member # 5339

posted July 20, 2005 10:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All,

The worst has come to pass. My web host, without so much as a "by your leave", has vanished. Email, database, files...all gone without any notice. The support phone number he provides is useless...the vmail box is full, preventing additional complaints (apparently I'm not alone in my extreme ire). Numerous emails go unanswered.

You have no idea how angry and embarrassed I am at this point. I feel as though I have let down the CM community. I genuinely apologize.

Those of you familiar with web hosting may recognize the web host - Steve Gunnels of FIDPAC. If any of you have sites hosted by any one of his myriad of shell companies, make provisions right now to get out. Those of you wanting to find out more about this situation may click here.

Based on my research at the Web Hosting Talk forum I have already signed up with a more reputable web host (Site5), and any correspondence to already established email addresses should work now. However, I doubt that I will have the time to recreate what needs to be rebuilt.

On the plus side, on 07.15.05, Boeing tendered an offer (and I accepted) for my services as a Technical Writer. As I am still a little unfamiliar with the boundaries of my TS clearance, I really can't say more beyond that.

I am corresponding with The Proving Grounds for GJK to assume control of whatever latest backup I have, as well as all of the archive files that I have locally. This archive contains some of the oldest scenarios created for Combat Mission.

Mind you that I am not going away, by any means. I'll still annoy people with my presence and beer wisdom from time to time. Maybe GJK and I can work out some co-admin arrangement.

Non the nonce, it has been a distinct pleasure serving the CM community all this time. You are the greatest group of guys and gals on the net.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the links to two related threads:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...;f=30;t=004129

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...c;f=6;t=003336