Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
General der Panzer

We can only hope!
Unread 02-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Well, we at turn 30. Sorry about the lack of updates but... for 30 turns I have not had to deviate from my original plan to any significant degree. I have successfully turned Panthers flank and have begun to sweep in. The Red arrows were routes of travel for the respective infantry groups, about a battalion of infantry on each group. Blue arrows are armored movement.

I have lost 3 hetzers, a Stu42, a Panther and 4 Mk4s. Almost no infantry casualties as yet. i have lost a majority of the AT guns and IGs to determined DF-HE from a gaggle of M-7s (at least 2 platyoons worth) at the heavy woods area. Luckily I only had about 6 guns pointed to this area. The rest made it into the scattered tree area directly behind that area. I have put the kabosh on any attempt to round the top of the vineyard area my HTs had to go through to make it to their drop off points. I have lost all but 1 couple gun tractors and still have 2 guns back in the staging area that need to be placed. Don't know what I am going to do woth them yet.

I have one Panther that has just kicked ass so far. He has picked off 3 tanks with single shots from about 2000 yards, Easy-8 76mms no less. The 75L70 is a gem of a weapon in the hands of an Elite crew.

The Yellow arrow are directions of advance I am intending to make with my infantry. The yellow hedgehog is infantry and IGs that are going to hold that flank against the river with a plt of Crack Panthers as back up.

Of the armor of Stu's I have seen I have left only 3 tanks alive. I have killed at almost 2 platoons of M-18s (I think he has one M-18 left) and nine 76mm Shermans of various model. The Mk4s just didn't stand up to anything. 57mm AT guns at distance easily penetrated frontal plates (both 57s which have popped up have died the next turn.)

I will be in no hurtry to advance my armor as they are in prime overwatch position. Tehy probably won't make a move until my infantry have cleared out their next woods objectives of any waiting bazookas. I have 90 turns with which to make deliberate, coordinated advances and I intend to use all of it I may need.

Stu has one M-18 making what looks to be a wide flanking manuever. I have 3 crack StuGs waiting for him to pop up somewhere. Piecemeal has been Stu's downfall with armor in this game.

I have posted the latest movie for your viewing pleasure pw= ak0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10kB.JPG (162.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 02-28-2006 at 02:20 AM..
Unread 03-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I always buy Stug's over Mk IV's, i just dont have any luck with Mk IV's. Low riding and hard to hit, i just love Stug's. Plus they are cheaper than Mk IV's. I never realized how low a profile they have until i stood beside one at Aberdeen, them and Hetzers.