Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Generalleutnant

All:

As you know, I've been a bit busy lately with work and real life (my grandfather is ill and it is a difficult time for our family). So I apologize for the off and on nature of my command the past week or so.

So far, here's the status of battles for 0730 a.m.:

Gyorium: very difficult; German heavy armor committed; no available Russian armor to support a frontal assault; difficult terrain (could lead us to probe the other side of Gyorium)

M10: very successful securing of the river bank at the river bend. We will be in good position to launch two companies via assault boat across the river next turn.

L8: not much action. Soldier secured the site of a possible bridging operation without half his units (oversite by Dave, but Mark "soldiered" through it)

L10: no action. Company size force across the river; they know we are company sized. Support gun spotted.

Battles that still need to be fought:

L6: site of possible bridging operation (battalion size force for us) -- Stu is assigned currently

M11: site of assault boat crossing to cover the M10 crossing flank -- Frank may take

L7: tossup battle with only one company. should be very quick

After the 0730 battles finish, I'll update the force map and maybe we'll get a CoCat shot from Dave. We'll hold a general TS meeting where I'll present my initial plans for the 0800 to 1000 phase of the game.

Good work so far, Comrades:

Commander Kharkov

Last edited by KG_Kharkov; 08-18-2005 at 12:46 PM..
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Leutnant

gents,

I'm available to take the L7 battle if needed...

Swamp
Unread 08-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Generalleutnant

It's yours Pat. You'll have a green cossack company. Carefully scout and don't take needless casualties. Try to identify any enemy armor and infantry without taking needless risk. The Cossacks act as recon in between game phases so keeping casualties to a minimum is your top priority.
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Leutnant

Comrades,
I understand my mission and I am prepared to play, I'll need a few days lead time to balance the needs of family and riding my harley.... I may need for the hun opponent to host till I can figure out the firewall/ router issue or disable the thing ...

Swamp
Unread 08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

M-11 has been completed vs KG_SSpoom.

I assumed complete control of the entire width of the river bank. I split squad several squads of partisan infantry and created a wide screen infront of my main force. It became apparent early on that SSpoom was not going to reveal his force to me. I decided to play the same game by keeping the bulk of my infantry, support and armor hidden in the rear and used my entire partisan company to occupy the bank.

No contact made with enemy.

KG_Cloghaun
Unread 08-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Leutnant

Comrades,
L-7 vs SSpoom has been completed
I have placed 2 plts with the spotters on the east bank of the river.
No combat ensued and no german forces were revealed. Most of the time I tried to use terrian and cover to move the plts to the bank. I also sent 2 small units forward (split squad and a A/T rifle) to gain LOS of the west bank.
Lead time for the 82mm katusha spotters is 12 minutes

Swamp