Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Default Hearts of Iron Online Manual?

Anyone know where I could download this manual, I can't find my original anywhere. I bought the game quite a while ago but never really played it.
Unread 10-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

I haven't been able to find one but I play the game all the time and would be happy toanswer any questions you would have.
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Thanks; I of course now have found my manual, but from what I have read online the manual isnt supposed to be all that detailed anyhow, so I'll probably be picking your brain

Unread 10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Tell me more about this game!

I've been looking at several sites and it seems like a game that blends Third Reich and Diplomacy on the pc. I used to love playing those games.

How many people can play in multiplayer mode?

If this game is really cool, maybe we can get a group of people interested in it. JJ may be interested.
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Aw shucks....I think it is real time. If real time, i'm guessing it is a more complex, WWII version of Age of Empires. I'd prefer turn based, like CM, so that you do not need to be glued to your pc when playing MP.

Are there any good turn based games that involve strategic planning in WWII?
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Stabsgefreiter

are you guys playing the original Hearts of Iron, HOI Platinum or HOI 2? I see that HOI 2 was released earlier this year.

Another game that is strategic that is turn based is The Operational Art of War. I see that SZO supports it so there must be a decent following.

Lets find a strategic pc wargame that we all can get into. A good MP mode is a must.
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Oberstleutnant

I have HOI2 It is a cool game but a major time consumer.If you
want to play even remotely well you have to really spend some time with it. It has awesome online potential for a massive up to 8 I think WW2 multiplayer game. but getting all the players together enought to get very far would be daunting.
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Oberstleutnant

Age of Empires is not a good comparison this is like a real time nation building game .
Build up youre Infrastucture full political/economic/population/industrial models. Trade make allies sign pacts gear up for war then try to sustain home while waging war. Battles are fought by computer, just move your armies into place and comp decides results(simplified)
Unread 10-30-2005, 05:38 AM
Oberfeldwebel

Anyone have a no Cd crack for HOI 1? My CD Rom always has problems reading disks and I cant replace it right now.
Unread 10-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

www.gamecopyworld.com has the crack for HOI.

HOI cannot compare to AOE and other like games. It is scalable time, meaning you can slow down and speeed up the passage of time. The combat is from a strategic perspective, ie. actual control of the battlefoeld os out of your hands. Its your job to assemble the forces, create the plan and order its execution, its your subordinate commander;s job to see it through. You can set your political cabinet and your commnders-in-chief, set production and research priorities based on your econmic and manpower resources (as Germany this can be a real bitch because unless you trade heavily during peacetime, you never have enough of anything).

Sspoom and I played a co-op campaign, he as Italy me as Germany and I thought we had a good time. The game can be saved at any given moment, nations can be easily given over the the AI or taken over by a player at the beginning of any session. I have read several successful accounts of large (4 players and more) games being done in 1 or 2 hour sittings at a time maybe once a week. All it takes is a bit of commitment from the players invloved but they had a blast at it.