Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

It is unfortunate that Dorosh took such a bare knuckled swipe at Wayne. But other than that and some issues of tone, I can find little that is inaccurate in his post.

POS is the pariah of the CM community. He has worked long and hard to achieve that "title". Very few adult gamers, the type I wish to associate with on any forum, will stick around very long where POS is a feature player. Unfortunately Wayne appears to have decided that POS could be the ticket to revive the GS CM forum and community. Based on my observations, Wayne has given POS the same treatment as NBA officials extended to Michael Jordan and at the same time treated others on the forum as NBA rookies. I do not question Wayne's motive. However, I have serious problems with his judgment and the way he implemented this initiative of rebuilding GS CM with POS. Dorosh certainly has some "interesting" personality traits. Nevertheless he has offered far more than has POS to both the CM and military history communities. Dorosh writes a hell of a lot better and more substantive posts than does POS. Burring Dorosh to save POS is a very bad result.

POS wanted to run all or part of The Blitz CM forum. This and related factors forced the exit of both POS and the CM mod from the Blitz just months after POS had offered The Blitz his usual mix of tournaments and tactical advice. POS is attempting the same power play at GS, as can be seen from his own very recent post:

"I was a mod and administrator at Timebombers Philosophy forum a few years ago and did good,the key is to create a good atmosphere so that people feel privileged at being members in the same way they'd feel good about belonging to an elite military unit under a strong popular commander, no room for bellyachers..;)

PS- Hey, anybody want me to take over Gamesquad and make it the best CM club in the world?
Piece o' cake, I've already given it the best Tactical Forum on the planet..:)

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; Yesterday at 21:19."

Link--see post #68:

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/show...22#post1001422

Sadly the end of this story many have been foreshadowed by what occurred at The Blitz earlier this spring.

Last edited by KG_Jag; 05-16-2008 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
General der Panzer

I think we should invite POS to our forum so Bill can have more to post about. Seriously, who cares what this dude says about anything.
Unread 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
I think we should invite POS to our forum so Bill can have more to post about. Seriously, who cares what this dude says about anything.
Come on Mark--quit dancing around the point. You just miss your weekly jousts with Rob. Perhaps you should post something about the yesterday's decision by the CA Supreme Court (on a new thread) and see if he will rise to the bait!
Unread 05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Feldwebel

Having been the Mod at the very public GS CM forum for years & seen this before I know EXACTLY what is going on. Again, Dorosh has contributed NOTHING to GS except baiting PoS and insulting the Moderator. It doesn't matter in the past if Dorosh single handedly created CM, what does matter is what he is doing NOW at GS (under the current mod), same with PoS. Wayne is that Mod & has allowed Mick to be like any other poster "currently" at GS and as long as he behaves (bragging is nothing) he stays. Attacking the Moderator is NOW and thus Dorosh gets banned just like anyone else would who did that.
(After re-reading that post I would have banned Dorosh as well. Hey I know- just insert "Frank" every time Dorosh says "Mr Moderator" & re-read it, ahhh Dorosh is such a nice great guy isn’t he?)

I find little at all redeeming in that post including blaming Wayne (& Mick) for the demise (what a joke) of the CM forum. CM is losing players, it's an old game which equals fewer players, fewer threads & even fewer posters. The near fanatical zeal of the "PoS anti-fan boys" is simply childish. Just who is posting there now? PoS and all those "fan-boys" who follow PoS around like puppies. If you don't like him don't follow him around or read his posts. Who's making new threads there? PoS & NOT the expert CM "fan-boys" hmmm why is that? They certainly weren't at GS making useful threads, screenshots & running tourneys before PoS arrived & I'm sure they won't be doing it there if he leaves.

And I certainly never received a single request by ANY of those CM "experts/fan-boys" to help me out & I know for a fact NONE stepped up to take over or help since I left. So I don't care much for these "expert" guys bitching about how the GS forum is run now. They should step up & help, politely request changes or shut their mouths.

And as far as thing turning out like the Blitz- seems that Wayne had control of the situation & things were running smoothly at GS until those "PoS Anti-fan boys" showed up & started causing problems or as they see it, "enlighten" everyone about how they should react to Mick.

You'd think I was a current Mod at GS or a huge fan of PoS or something, but I'm not. What I am is a former Mod who sees exactly what is going on from the current Mod's point of view.

Heck maybe Don should just dump the "poorly" run GS CM-forum that would show those "experts" and bring the ever shrinking CM community together again as one. Hey they could ALL come here then!

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Last edited by Palantir; 05-16-2008 at 09:33 PM..
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Kerry, in light of the fact that for years POS has drifted from CM site to CM site (almost always because he has worn out his welcome at the last one, despite providing the site with his "stunning" contributions on CM tactics, etc.), how can you criticize the POSphobes for doing the same thing (albeit not as frequently)? Further, why do you think there are so many of them and they are as animated as they are with regard to Spike? If Spike's contributions are so great, why hasn't he stuck anywhere after years of trying?

You also seem to forget about all the discord and disruption POS caused in his prior appearances at GS, XG, SZO, etc. His "contributions" both then and now were/are net negative. I would agree that in the spring on 2008 at GS, POS is not quite as obnoxious as he has been in the past, but that is a very low bar to clear. He continues with his "I am great and you all are inferiors to the mighty Spike" message as his baseline. It is a baseline that should not be tolerated on any serious CM forum. But it was at GS. Under such facts, how could one not expect a negative pushback by other forum members?

Without looking at the recent who-said-what-to-whom, a CM site with Dorosh as a featured poster is far more likely to be successful, especially in the long to medium run (POS never stays that long anyway) than one featuring POS. Things could have and should have been handled much differently in the weeks prior to the latest incident.

Kerry, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will always listen to it because of the great respect I have for you. Yet you clearly hold the minority view on this issue among experienced CM hands. This afternoon I discovered that this issue at GS has also prompted discussion on the World at War forum. The expressed views of the folks there are very similar to those articulated on this forum by Frank and yours truly. Check them out here:

http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?&lang...e&boardid=1151

and

http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?&lang...e&boardid=1152
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Default Ok

Thank you Kerry for the support......
As for the the group that don't like what is going on, to bad. I am amazed that when Mangus2000 & I started to help Kerry....no one else stepped up. Dan Ryan & i went it alone after Kerry left. When Dan packed it in No one else stepped up...the request was made.....Bertram helped and then took over for me....I came back and Bertram asked if I could help ...I stepped up.....He is gone and then i asked if anyone would help...NOTHING? Oh well I will keep trying I said to myself......
Time passes and then comes POS......my first thought Oh No! Then he starts posting his tactical shots and thoughts. Everyone likes it ....posting and activity explodes. then I here about what went on at the Blitz.....the anti -Pos guys show up...crap starts to happen. You know the rest.

I shake my head wondering if GS is a school yard or a forum where men get together and game, discuss or whatever.
When I first became a moderator I was afraid and unsure what to do....I didn't know what to do.....but I love the game and most of the guys....I guess the long and short is an Moderator is just a Moderator...I moderate for the good of GS.....If i have talents like designig maps, tourneys, posting Tac screen shots, etc that would be a bonus. Kerry and others in the pass were great at it....I don't but I am learning...for the good of the community,and myself. But my time learning has been shortened of late because of RL ....I have job, family and other interests, And deaing with children in the bodies of men.
As for Micheal Dorsoh..I really have no clue about what he has done in the pass for Cm or anything...My dealings with him are of just lately...and discussing him with other moderators they are all on guard with him...he is no angel to say the lease. I really don't care about his pass or any of the others....including POS...let them make their own beds...MD did ...his bannng was the result of his attack of a staff at GS....I guess that is why we have a special clause for just that....Disrespecting staff.....as for what he said about me i don't give a rats a$$, but he disrespected the office....If he had no reprecussions others would do the same in thier sections of GS. he is only gone for 7 days...will he return? Do I care? NO!, not if his attitude doesnot change....I would be willing to sit down and have a beer with him anytime...if just to see if he is really a jackass. Funny thing is he did ask POS to write for his paper or whatever... when POS did not agree to and made if public that is when he got his undies in a knot.
It would be alot easier to create a gaming site where you screen those to join and only have people who all think alike...act the same and believe the same....then again where would be the fun in that?
The days are numbered for me, not that I would miss the Moderatoring...I love to game CM and meet interesting people....and some not so interesting...and some down right disagreeable.
just tired of the crap....people have no idea who i am or what I do, believe etc. yet they are all ready to point fingers and give sideways slaps in the face....
I guess there are really only a few good men...Kerry your one...I know a few more....I will let you figure out who they are...or are you going to pick up you ball and go home?

Thanks for your Time
wayne 2054172
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Wayne, please understand that whatever our agreements or disagreements are or have been--your service to the CM community is appreciated.
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:28 PM
General der Panzer

Ahh, three cheers for the beauty of a small forum of respectful (for the most part) men.
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
Ahh, three cheers for the beauty of a small forum of respectful (for the most part) men.
You hit the nail on the head.
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Feldwebel

First off- I don't care a hoot about PoS or Dorosh or any game forum they mean nothing in the "real world," but blindsiding a nice guy & not supporting him when he's the only one who stepped up to help out...

It baffles the mind that "PoS" arrives are GS- things are going smoothly- then HE is baited & attacked by players who never post in the CM Forum & it's all PoS's & now Wayne’s fault.

Once again- someone point out ANYTHING that Dorosh did at GS for the CM community? Anyone, Buelher, Buelher? Nothing...
Where has he been? Certainly not IN the CM forum where suddenly he's concerned for it's welfare. How does anyone who isn't at or doesn't post / contribute help? Wow he is important to have around... (btw please note all the "new" posters that appeared AFTER PoS arrived) Hmmm.... Yea, they really stepped up before hand.

Now, point to the TAC threads & tourney that PoS did & how many players liked & even joined. Sure PoS is a jerk but again- he had not done anything out of line at GS (this time of course) until he was baited & attacked by the guys who follow him around. Those "new" guys didn't arrive at GS to save or help anyone but to ONLY attack PoS. Why does PoS jump from forum to forum? It may be because he is a bragger & gets out of line but HE** I don't know & I don't follow him around like his "fan-boys" do who apparently enjoy attacking him just because they can. What do I care if he brags, doesn't bother me at all- go ahead & correct him if he's lying or ban him if he's worse then move on. (I don't have to eat supper with him, talk with him or believe him, but if he does a nice TAC post then well done.

Players should be mature enough to understand what PoS after all this time (a bragger to the extreme) who's such "ME, ME, ME" comments you just ignore. And it was ignored until someone got out of line- Dorosh, not PoS for attacking Wayne etc etc.. When you get out of line like that you should get banned. Straighten up your act & you can return (even MD). And for all those new posters who "won't return" until MD is un-banned they can in 7 days as Wayne said. Besides, they weren't there before PoS so, oh well. Notice how peaceful that forum is since the "fan-boys" have left- yea PoS & Wayne are the problem.

As far as other CM sites talking about it like here, it just shows how SMALL the CM community is now & how CM is slowly dying out. How many ACTIVE posters are there anyway? Not many. It's so small that a guy no one cares about except to attack for posting in an "un-important" forum is critical, unifies the entire Community & is front page news- not threads on the next "great" CM item or scenario- pathetic. Notice how many PoS threads are here: someplace he isn't welcome or will never be allowed- go figure.

All this CM elitism is dense, like being at the Blitz, GS or KG makes "them" better than other CM players at other forums. This is a frigging game & one I can easily do without.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne