Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Im actually having al ot of fun with it without paying for a premium account.
playing with my Ferdinand as an assault tank is great as ppl try to back away from you.
if any of you are playing my in game name is, as always, the same.
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Gefreiter

Send a message via MSN to KG_Scout Send a message via Yahoo to KG_Scout

AGCent I think you would like it if you gave it a try for a little while. It takes a little bit to get started.
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Feldwebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
NM, its dumb.
Update: Ya, getting that way...

While I'm still playing I don't play as long as I used to because of the "too arcade" aspect creeping in.

Tanks designed in 1935 up against tanks designed in 1950 just doesn't quite make it. Yes they each have different bonuses & negatives: the repeating "auto-cannons" of the (proto-type) French tanks rip the crap out of stuff but, they have less armor & take awhile to reload- they suck anyway to go up against....

And the 1930-40 in WW2 operation tanks well they, umm, they hmm, what advantage do they have again.. oh ya they're FREE to play! Some are ok, a few are very good but most were nerfed & struggle vs. all the "on paper tanks" & newer models with curved armor & turrets & "premium" bought for tanks.
If you get a Panther or Tiger I don't expect anyone to go "oh no!!" Most likely it's "red meat" time.

The AMAZING light Russian T50-2 tank can go @70mph, has the armor of a battle ship and a gun to match, hmmm I guess they don't have a negative... that one sucks too. Talk about a combination of impossible components in one tank for WW2 era tanks.

When they introduce "physics" into the game oh brother. I saw a video of it and one word comes to mind: ARCADE. Saw a hvy tank drop off a ridge, bounce and just keep going. And one light tank went over a hill, bounced up, did a 360* turn in the air and roared off into the sunset.

Disappointed ya I am, but that's because I came into the game thinking "WW2" style tank warfare, which WoT is not: it's an arcade Tank first person shooter plain & simple.

Despite all of that I like the game surprisingly. It's easy to learn to play, the matches are fast and you can play for as long or short as you want with no worries.

And I have to say, I'm pretty good at it having achieved a 1:1 kill to match ratio after 7400 matches with 7500 kills which is very hard to achieve.

What I really wish they’d do is break the game up into WW2 & "Post/proto-type WW2" games: they won't but I wish they would.

So I keep playing but the introduction of "Mario-Cart physics" may be a deal breaker for me.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Hi Kerry--good to see your cyber face!
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Feldwebel

Hey Bill!

I'm around, just playing WoT & LotRO now.
Lost interest in CM when it was upgraded and didn't pick anything else up really.

I hope all is going well for you & the other KG guys. :)

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Hey Kerry.

Mark {KG_Soldier} & I have been playing Panzer Corps, the redone version of Panzer General. Its very cool. Its worth checking out if your interested in old school gaming. The new campaigns are really well done, challenging and quite large. The graphics and maps are all done over and look great as well. New units and rules bring the game up to were it should of always been. Its well worth the price of the DL.
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Hey Bill!

I'm around, just playing WoT & LotRO now.
Lost interest in CM when it was upgraded and didn't pick anything else up really.

I hope all is going well for you & the other KG guys. :)
Hi Kerry--I've been taking a gaming break, but will probably get back into it by the end of the month. In less than two weeks a group of about 6 of us will be on the road to Gettysburg and Antietam. Should be fun.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

God help me, ive started playing WOT. Its unbelievably addictive and fun. The graphics are amazing for a free game.