Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad

You Shut Up About 8 Tracks You Bastards!!!!!!!!!!

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Feldwebel

I have a new PC that came with Vista, I dumped it & loaded XP when it arrived.

When they make Vista "user & game friendly" and stable I may reinstall it. But I certainly won't do that just to play a new game even if a new Vista only WW2 CM comes out.

And I certainly wouldn't buy a new PC with Vista just to play a new game title. I'm not THAT addicted to gaming thank goodness.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 07-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Personally, I don't know why VISTA is getting such a bad rap....

Yes, a few games may not play on it but get over it...... when most if not all new O/S's come out there is always collateral damage....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 07-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Leutnant

Default Get A Clue

Last edited by KG_Swampfox; 07-15-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

After a week of research on 2 different driver forums, I just finished installing 2 different drivers for my card & neither of them solved my problem for CMBB.

My only hope now, as far as I can tell is to wait until the SP for Vista comes out & see if that fixes things.
Unread 07-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Swampfox View Post
Get a clue Andy, the vast majority of members still active here are still playing CMBB/CMAK.
And until the next level of WWII strategy game engine comes out the vast majority of us will nurse our older platforms along.
Your insensitivity towards the needs CM based players is shocking at best, not everybody here runs helter skelter towards the newest, latest flash in the pan FPS game that will be dead in 6 months.......

First my dear Friend, I am NOT the one that needs a clue.

Some people need to look inward on that one and if the shoe fits don't blame me.

When you say that the VAST majority of KG still plays this, what exactly does that mean? Kudos to you if your so enamored with the game and it gives you reason to live.

My insensitivity.... Thats interesting that you bring it up....Exactly how many KGer's have run into problems with Vista and CM? Before Frankie bought his new computer I posted that I couldn't play CMBB but I could play CMAK. He went ahead and bought his new rig with VISTA knowing full well their might be problems. There are forums and forums of people crying and whining how this doesn't work or that doesn't work with Vista.....

How I am the bad person? People are trying to run antiquated software with the Newest, Most High Tech Operating system developed? I am more shocked at your response ( calling me out ) ( Do you yourself have to worry about Vista being compatible..... I think not! but your free too feel however the hell you feel ) Why is it always Microsoft's problem because the old game you love so much isn't compatible with it....
I am sorry that people feel that entitlement, in the real world where I live
nothings guaranteed! For God's sake, CMBB came out in Sept '02, just about a year or less after Windows XP was introduced ( Most likely CMBB was built on and for WIN98se specifically ) it's now mid-way through 2007
It's also the second Operating system change that the software will see.

Whether YOU like it or not, you'll be faced with the same decesion, when are you going to upgrade to it and what I am willing to give up....
Vista has been out since Jan '07 Do you think alll of a sudden CMBB didn't work for people who upgraded.... Message boards have had messages and messages about non-compatibility.... Before I do anything ( especially computer related upgrades) I do research to see If I am going to have problems or if there are glitches. I'm tired of hearing all the complaints when no one FORCED them to upgrade, if they didn't research it and just jumped into it then I have no sympathy.

- Emiliano Zapata

Last edited by KG_CrimsonTrooper; 07-15-2007 at 02:32 AM..
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Leutnant

Last edited by KG_Swampfox; 07-15-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Unread 07-15-2007, 12:02 PM
General der Panzer

What's so wrong with XP that you need Vista, Andy? Vista is just a way for, as Bill so lovingly calls them, M$ to make more money. What does Vista do that XP can't that is so needed on your computer? And from what I've read, the first service pack may not be out for another year, and even then, it might not fix a lot of compatability problems. I prefer to have a machine I can trust to do what I need it to without having to jack with it for days on end. Even if I needed to buy a new rig, I'd do like Kerry and dump Vista and install XP till all the bugs are worked out of Vista. You're the type of person who really gets into new technology and likes messing with it, more power to you. Most of us here in KG are not.

And I can still kick your ass in DoD on my antiquated rig.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 07-15-2007 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: added the bit about DoD
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Generalleutnant

I'm pretty sure Microsoft's master plan to take over the world starts with sowing division and dissension among the ranks of a brotherhood such as this one.

Everyone take 5 and have a smoke break.

It's an operating system, it's not like failing to extend sympathy for the death of a loved one.

I'll start a new thread here -- why haven't you jack @sses congratulated me more on having my 4th boy! You should be ashamed of yourself. Praise my prowess. Praise my mastery of the Y chromosome. Praise my contribution to the ongoing strength of this great nation.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 07-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

When I chose Vista, I did so with the best information I was able to find. I sought outside advice & advice from KG members. Not being very computer savvy & knowing the amount of money involved, I decided to invest for the future by getting Vista. I knew some people were having trouble running CM with this OS, but I assumed I would solve that issue when I came to it. I remain unsuccessful on that front, but I haven't yet given up.

This is not a sales pitch for Vista, but I'm glad I got it, inspite of my troubles with CM. I enjoy all the different applications it has to offer & the way it runs. That & the fact I've never had a faster pc. I'm set for years to come, including the new CMx2 series of games.

No one here makes the wrong choice- they make the choice for themselves that they feel best serves their needs. If we make mistakes along the way, let's try to be supportive of each other.

That's all I have to say.

That & "All hail John's mastery of the Y chromosome!"