Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

Your battle count is way higher than mine...305 total battle...39 Kills!!! Each and every one of them hard earned in a Pz II or IIIA! Now I'm cruising in a III
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Feldwebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
Leave the silly arcade game and start playing a real wargame:
That’s why I play it! It's fast, fun and doesn't take hours to learn to play (efficiently). I can get to the web site and within ONE minute be playing a match. I can play 4 straight hours if I want or be done in under 8 minutes...

I played SoW (demo) and it was ok, but it just didn’t grab me like I thought it would so I didn't spend the $$.

Heck I still have EvE on my HD (that’s a real game) but I quit playing when I was going to have to start paying for it. (My son was making enough Isk mining to pay for my account with "credits" (?) but switched to more raiding & it didn't "grab me" enough to pay for it either.)

WoT has enough "IT" to keep me interested with no investment and this is just the Demo. There are a lot of things I'd like to see different about it but taking it just how it is, it's still fun.

Kills:
Right now in the demo getting kills is more important than getting more Exp to me. I have 500K in exp & still 5500 in gold, I just like the tanks I have and see no need to get more or higher tiers. Although I'm going to be dumping that gold for premium ammo from now on- might as well spend it since it's wipe out in 2 weeks.

I never Cap in a game to end it early even if I can, instead I go hunt for the enemy to get that extra kill. At least thats my only goal right now until (if) the point of playing changes in the "live game."

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Feldwebel

Just ran in a 2-man plt with AirborneBob- it was fun. Although we got in with some bad teams and we wiped quite a bit. With his current tank he keeps getting bumped into matches with much higher tiers. Just have to play & die a lot to get to the next tier.

Didn't realize you need a premium account to make a plt- I tossed in some of the free gold for a 24 hr trial to see how it worked. You need some form of voice to play this as a team.

Does KG have a Vent or TS channel since there's no in-game voice?

KOZ- when do you play we could get a full 3-man plt going? (I think 5-man plts are going to be started soon.)

Unread 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

the run we had last night was great, learned alot about two man tactics and practiced the bound and overwatch principal. And yes I got blown up alot, but hey, thats part of the charm
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Stabsgefreiter

I have not had a chance to play this week. Typically it is late at night and sometimes over lunch.

I've only played 81 battles, with 28 kills!
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Stabsgefreiter

i just played for an hour or so. now i'm at ninety battles, 36 kills
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Feldwebel

Since switching to my StuGIII & getting the 105mm42L/28 gun I've gotten better at killing the enemy! The 105 HE round will stop most tanks in their tracks for a clean 2nd shot. The 75mm42L/70 will punch thru them but not usually stop them moving.

I finally achieved more kills than matches played.

442 kills & 441 matches played with a high of 6 kills in one match.

Overall I've played 1163 matches with 861 matches played in Tank Destroyers (Hetzer/StuGIII/JpzIV) I've recorded 585 kills in them.

I haven't found a clan yet.

The company will make their money thru the premium "Gold Ammo" they sell. The Gold ammo does almost 2x the damage & 2x the penetration of the normal "free ammo." And that Gold Ammo is not cheap.

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Not sure that I'm wild about all this gold stuff.

In any case adjusting to my "new eyes" has (and will for a while longer) limited my gaming time--especially anything in real time.
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Feldwebel

On the "Gold issue,” I’m with you there.

I think it gives a big advantage to players who buy the premium (Gold) ammo and "Gold" add-ons like "Chocolate" with gives a 10% boost to all your crew abilities... {But that’s the standard SOP with F2P games more $$ spent = better stuff.)

I had @3000 Gold (just given to you in the Beta for free) and recently decided to spend it on Gold Ammo because it was "Use it or lose it" when they wipe the Beta. I only carried about 10 rounds of Gold ammo at a time as the cost was @ 10 Gold per round.

Before I knew it I was down to 500 gold having gone thru 2500 gold very quickly in replenishing my 10 gold ammo rounds. So I used @250 rounds or shot roughly 5 rounds per match in just 50 matches. And yes I LIKED those premium rounds.

I did do some testing: Using normal rounds I could still get in a clean kill vs tanks on my own tiers (around tier 5-6) but against higher Tiers of 7 + 8 I had more bounces and fewer stopping hits. I also found myself running & hiding more when alone instead of trying to get in a normal round shot vs. them. If I was going to use a Gold round I was much more confident that I could stand my ground and get in 1-2 good shots before ducking for cover if needed. With normal ammo I got off my ambush shot and just assumed I'd be backing into cover after it. (Of course if I was with other tanks attacking a Tier 7/8 I'd stay there and add my firepower to the attack.)

It’s a good idea to check the stats on tanks so you know roughly how many "hit points" each has. I know against some of the hvys I have to get in 4-5 shots to kill one-(before they kill me!), which means I can't just stand toe-to-toe with them. With my reload time I know I can get off 2 shots before they can get off 1 so... if they aren't dead after hit #2 I had better be hidden or I'm likely KO'd by their bigger guns.

They have not released the official cost to buy gold yet but a pre-sale was $90 for 25000 Gold and a premium Heavy tank.

As fast as I went thru those gold ammo rounds I doubt I’ll be buying any unless the cost is very, very cheap.

Unread 04-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Feldwebel

Wargaming.net has revealed the beta statistics of its upcoming free-to-play MMO-action game World of Tanks that is scheduled for the release on April 12.

Over almost a year of beta-testing World of Tanks recruited about 700,000 players in Europe and North America that took part in 5.6 million battles battering 1.7 billion shells to destroy more than 115 million tanks and artillery units. PCCU number surpassed 25,000 players.

According to the statistics PzIV, KV and M3_Grant were the most popular German, Soviet and American tanks respectively over the course of the beta.

All closed beta-testers and those with 1000 and more battles fought will be awarded with the M4A2E4 tank in acknowledgement of their contribution to the development of the game.

“Comrades, we all are on the brink of an epoch-making event – World of Tanks release”, said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “You still have a couple of days to spend with your friends and families before the War breaks out… so spend it the right way.”

Sounds good since I have 1163 matches!