Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Default Flight 93 Temporary Memorial

I went to the flight 93 Temporary Memorial today with Brandi and several members of Her family. I am glad that i got there to see it before it was taken down after the permanent one goes up. It was a sobering experience to say the least. There were several times when i walked off to the side by myself with a tear streaking down my cheek. It was very moving to see all the little trinkets and items that the many visitors have dropped off at the memorial and or attached to the chain link fence/wall. I strongly urge that you all go there {If it is within your means} to see the memorial. This temporary one is in some ways is more meaningful to me than the permanent one because of the nature of the memorial has evolved with the leaving of items for fallen members of flight 93.

I will post some pictures when i get more time. For now, those who have a FaceBook account can see a collection of photos from there on my page.
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Generaloberst

Default Here Are Some Pics I Took

Just one of the many smaller memorial stones donated by many people/organizations that are arranged around the border of the memorial.

The chain link fence wall is covered with stuff left by visitors. Challenge Coins, Hats, T-Shirts, Licsence Plates, Flags, Toys, Military, Police & Fire Patches, Homemade memorial stones, Pins of all kinds and so many other things that defy description.

A couple rows of Angels, one for each member of Flight 93.

Stone dedicated by the Federal Air Marshals.

A hut that has a visitors log, info on the flight and a copy of the flight data recorders recording.
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Generaloberst

Default More Pics...

About a 1/4 of a mile or so away from the temporary memorial, just behind the flag is where the plane hit.

Brandi & I at the sign on the hut.

Brandi's Dad Stan.

Brandi's Sister Heather & Nephew Joey. Joey is counting the Stars.

Brandi's Sister Heather & Nephew Jesse.
Unread 11-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Very moving Kent--thanks much for posting the pictures.

My wife was also impressed and move by them.