Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > Military History > World War II > War in the East

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 04-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Well, the difference between using the lower grade gas and the higer grade gas that we sent them is that it increases engine preformance - ie. higer horsepower, ie it will go faster, engine down time is less because there is less build up of deposits on enginparts because the fuel burns cleaner. It all has to do with the way in which the fuel is refined. The Russians just didnt have the technology to take their fuel to the next level like we did. So we helped them out.
Unread 04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

Ahhh okay, that makes a lot of sense. But how did it help the Russians surprise their German counterparts?

"I'll bet your vodka ration that I can hit it"
- Russian tanker
Unread 04-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiku View Post
Ahhh okay, that makes a lot of sense. But how did it help the Russians surprise their German counterparts?
They were suprised by the same kind of Airplanes going one speed for the war up to "This" point and all of a sudden the same planes could go 20 MPH faster. The 20 MPH isnt an exact speed differential, im just using that amount as an example, but the differences in some engines could be very high, like 10 to 15 MPH and some could go a little higher. I read about it in a book a while ago, cant remember the name.
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panzerschreck View Post
They were suprised by the same kind of Airplanes going one speed for the war up to "This" point and all of a sudden the same planes could go 20 MPH faster. The 20 MPH isnt an exact speed differential, im just using that amount as an example, but the differences in some engines could be very high, like 10 to 15 MPH and some could go a little higher. I read about it in a book a while ago, cant remember the name.
Cool, I thought it would help with their reaction time or something.

"I'll bet your vodka ration that I can hit it"
- Russian tanker