Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > Military History > Modern Day Conflicts

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrf View Post
If you have a brain, you are going to have a good job and a good rank in the social pyramide. So you are not really a slave if you have a good rank. This doesn't mean there is no slave around you.
My grandfather was kicked out of first grade because he only spoke German (in a Wisconsin German community). Having not finished high school, he started his working life painting outhouses for the Soo Line. He was smart, worked hard, and made it to the upper-middle class by his 30's or 40's. He also was an avid reader, despite his meager formal education. His only son (my dad) was the first in the family to attend college, from which he graduated with an engineering degree. His youngest daughter did the same thing, but with a different major. His is not the only story in the U.S. along these same lines. I can assure you that my grandfather never considered himself to be anyone's "slave".

And yes, if you're not very smart and are lazy, you are not likely to do very well in the U.S. I don't see a problem with that either personally or as a political/social philosophical viewpoint. Your society will be much poorer and probably not last very long, if you take from the achievers and give to those who slack off or who are habitually clueless about how to live a productive and fulfilling life.

Last edited by KG_Jag; 10-12-2007 at 04:40 PM..
Unread 10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Oberschutze

I know it's not because someone fail at school that he is going to fail totaly in our system. You showed a good example of this.

But theoricly, any evil worm with a brain and a good education can have slave that work for him. You can't deny the fact that a lot of people work in bad condition for poor salary. And the boss make a forturne.

Now why some business here in Canada want to have mexican that work for them? The reason is simple, they want to have people with no right to exploit them.

Do you know that some neo-conservative in Québec province claim the rigth to have slave? That many other say : ''God give us the right to be evil''
Can you believe it?
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Leutnant

I applaud the responders in this thread, each has a differing view points and has articulated their views quite well with out attacking or provoking other people........

And stimulated others to think about the topic.

Although you guys did hijack the thread quite nicely......

I'd really love to see a H to H close in knife fight between a flight of F-16s and a J-10s....

I dont think it would be much of a fight.............
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM
General der Panzer

Ahh... so nice to hear the voice of levity.

You da man Swampy.
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Oberfeldwebel

i think china is a big problem and when you add better technology to an immense army, they will probably become bolder and bolder. At some point taiwan is going to be a spark. I think the drain on US forces and money in Iraq has been substantial unfortunately, and could come back to haunt them, but there is always money available with a passed bill or two. When you've got several thousand nukes sitting around though, are you ever really worried?

I have no problem with law abiding hard working people legally immigrating to a country, weather it's Canada or the US. I do have a problem with Illegal immigrants coming over and not paying taxes, overloading the health system and complaining when we say they have to leave. Which part of ILLEGAL immigration is confusing? Come over legally so we know you're not a criminal and my taxes aren't used to support you and I will bring a welcome to my country sign to the border. I'm not an American but when the whole illegal immigration issue popped up and people were demonstrating against being deported with MEXICAN flags, it made me pretty mad. Thankgod its the land of the free. If little old me immigrated to china and I waved a Canadian flag around i'd probably find myself in some lovely new accomodations with some free political re-education.

Speaking of military spending, I just read that a couple years back they (the US government) cancelled their orders for the comanche attack helicopter, deeming it was too expensive. They would use the funds for more conventional upgrades and expansion. I can see some points about cost and a lower than desired payload but that chopper was stealth baby, stealth! they replaced it with a news helicopter for petes sake! Maybe if I get rich and can deploy my own little special forces group for worldwide "get the bad guys" operations I'll see if I can buy one :)
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I must Hi-Jack the thread once more and comment on Soldiers fine point about the USA being a melting pot of many cultures and Languages. Why just the other day, all with in 20 miles of my tiny 998 person town in the middle of no where Pennsylvania, i heard 3 "Foriegn" languages in one day. One the way home from a neighboring town, we stopped in a local Chinese Restaraut and i heard Mandarin spoken so fast it sounded like it was being fired out of an MG-42. On the way home from that town we stopped at a Mennonite Tack and Harness shop. The guy who runs the place does all kinds of beautiful leathwork. I ordered a new dog collar for my dog and we stopped in to pick it up. All the local Mennonites around here still speak German at home and i heard him talking to his two young sons in German. While i was in there, 3 Mexican migrant workers were in there as well picking up a saddle for their employer. I heard the one who could speak English translating for the ones who couldnt into Spanish.

And on a side note for our friend from Quebec, 100's if not 1,000's of people speak, and have spoken French in Louisianna for hundreds of years. There are even remote parts in the Bayou where people speak no English at all belive it or not.