Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Oberstleutnant

I have a platoon of Tank destroyers in sight.
Same general are as Soldiers I have no Infantry contacts aother than riders on the TDs.
Im only sending 1 Platoon t-34s into action for the moment.
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Feldwebel

The allies are a quiet bunch: any combat comments?

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
General der Panzer

We don't trust the Jerries... Bill is reading our thread. ;)

I've got three T-34s by the middle village along with almost a company of infantry. I'm in control of the VLs but Bill has a couple of companies (at least) of those damn Finn smg guys on his side of the town in the woods. He's starting to move two Stugs up towards my village to support his assault (no attack yet, but infantry on the little hill to the left). I've got a 75mm at gun with los, but I'm letting him come closer before opening up. Also, I'm swinging two other T-34s back behind the center town to take on the Stugs. I doubt I'll even attack his town. I see a two sound contacts on guns in his town and I'm sure he has a bunch of mgs in there too. If he tries to overrun my guys in the middle, my T-34s should be able to mow him down. With that Battalion of Sissis (that's got to be what they bought), he's got some at rifles too, so I'm keeping my T-34s buttoned.
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
General der Panzer

My game with Bill is moving along. He destroyed one of the Heavy VL buildings in the middle with an infantry gun (I only have a sound spotting on it). I've seen Steve's movies and he can see at least 4 infantry guns. An interesting pick by the Jerries -- pretty smart actually -- thay are good at disabling T-34s. Luckily, I moved all six squads I had in the building back to the light two story building behind the heavy one well before Bill destroyed it. I'm moving back into the rubble next turn. He has los on the other VL building, so I'm moving them out next turn as well. He has a ton of infantry in the woods on his side, but I have three T-34s in the middle that have them pinned. If he tries to rush, he'll get smacked. But I don't think he will. We have 10 or so turns left and it appears he's going to keep his Stugs back and not assault my village either. I should get a minor victory if things stay the same. I wish he'd bring his Stugs up. I have three T-34s in the middle and two waiting on my left for the Stugs. On the right, I have a company and a platoon of infantry and one T-34, I can't see any guns with the 4 at rifles I have on the hill close to his town. My T-34 is blowing up the two story buildings, but I don't plan on making an assault -- I think it would be futile, and I own the middle two large VLs, so I'm hoping Bill will feel the need to be aggressive, but he's too smart for that and will probably try to get a draw or a narrow defeat.
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
General der Panzer

On the other hand, Steve is putting the hurt on AirborneBob. Steve has the middle and has crushed Bob's infantry in the middle and near Steve's town. Bob tried an assault and has taken heavy casualties. Bob has also moved up his Stugs (three Stug IIIFs) and Steve is hitting them with at rifle fire and flanking them with a T-34. Like me, Steve has three T-34s in the middle town and the others in flanking position on the left. Bob has opened up with at least 4 infantry guns and Steve has killed at least one. I doubt Steve will assault Bob's town, but he should end up with a major victory -- if the fates are with him on his Stug hunt. The wiley old veteran Bill is keeping his Stugs back where they are most effective. Bob has his too close and will pay.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 11-24-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
General der Panzer

So it seems the Germans went with a Finn Sissi Battalion, a platoon of Stug IIIfs, at least 4 infantry guns (76mm) and probably another company or so of infantry for defense. The Sissi Battalions have about 8 maxims and 8 at rifles and bunch of smg squads and a 81 mm spotter. I haven't seen any German infantry, but they may have a company or so in their village on defense. Our T-34s are dominant in the middle vl (I'm keeping mine buttoned in case he gets los with an at rifle).
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Feldwebel

Prod your teammates for some posts! :)

Unread 11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Unteroffizier

Location: Not the edge of the world but you can see it from here
Send a message via Skype™ to KG_RangerBooBoo

Swampfox and I are still moving along. I've about got three platoons into the middle town and I'm moving three T-34's that way. I was sending another company at his town along with three of the T-34's but reading these posts I may need to rethink that. So far he hasn't made much of a move against my town but my HMG's are doing good work harrassing his infantry moving to the woods and toward the center village. This has allowed me to beat him there.
Unread 12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Feldwebel

Any news from the villages?

Terrain will need to be modified along the edges to get more options in it appears.

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
General der Panzer

That sneaky Bill managed to get a rediculous los and kill two of my T-34s in the town. I still hold it, but he has almost all his infantry surrounding mine. No fighting at all in my town or his. Remember the Alamo. If I were to do this battle over, I'd have sent nothing at his town. It's full of infantry guns and mgs. I should have sent more infantry to the middle, not sure if I can hang on.