Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper
Default Ghost Recon:AW

If your into shooters than this game is a MUST! The environments are awesome eye candy ( they aren't very interactive a big negative if you ask me ) They spared no expense with the detail. For those that have been to Mexico City ( I lived there awhile growing up ) it really gives you the sense/feeling that your back. The whisper of the wind, the noise of cans blowing down the street, the various local grafitti even looked authentic. ( I did not like the AXE body spray ads myself, I mean if they are going to advertise in games then why should I still be paying $50.00 for the damn game then right?)

The Gameplay was very fluid , the various weapons were fun to use as well. The use of drones for recon was immeasurable in helping guide your team through the streets avoiding the various mobile gun trucks that try to hunt you down. Finding Snipers or even enemy Tango's was made simple even though when I first fired up the game I never used it. In fact as soon as I loaded the game I just jumped right into the action without so much as opening the manual, which I recommend.

The A.I. is pretty good/ nothing to write home to mom about but they are fairly good depending on the setting you use. If you play it on the hardest level it can be a bit tedious with their snipers or gun placements because they often get a 1 shot 1 kill. Thats why I recommend that you use the drones for the overhead recon as much as possible. The pathfinding of your squad mates has something to be desired not that it was as bad as the first GR game.

The one thing I would have like to have seen back in the game was the ability to jump into any or your squads boots at any time along with the ability to not have the gun in your heads up screen ( I prefer just seeing the receticle versus a portion of the gun myself that way I saw more of the world or terrain in front of me.)

If your a fan of the GR series or even the R6 series this is a definite buy especially since in Multi-player they brought back the option for playing "CO-OP" a reason I got into the R6/GR series in the first place.

The MP interface is with Gamespy so I take a point or two from them becuase of that. They should have allowed the IP to IP connection like the old days because sometimes GameSpy lags a bit for some reason or another.

The Spec's are pretty high:

Minimum specs required to run:
  • 2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent
  • 1Gb RAM
  • 5 GB of hard drive space
  • NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X
They aren't kidding about the Gig of RAM either!

Here's the webiste to checkout:

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/ghostrecon3/index.php

- Emiliano Zapata

Last edited by KG_CrimsonTrooper; 05-16-2006 at 10:31 AM..
Unread 05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

There is also a demo available from almost anywhere on the net. You can try GameSpy or Worthplaying.com or even File Front.

The demo is a little over 530 megs in size, with a broadband connection it should take under 15 mins ( I have a cable modem ).

It is definitely worth taking a look at.

- Emiliano Zapata