Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > Diecast collectables & Models

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Thats a new one to me. Why would you waste a good Tiger I and turn it into a "Demolition Tiger"? Or is this a towing vehicle for towing Tiger I's?
Unread 12-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Generalleutnant

I thought at first it was a Tiger recovery vehicle. But the Bergepanzer recovery vehicle was based on an Elefant chassis and the gear on this Tiger doesn't look like it was meant for recovery.

The Germans did use tanks for mine clearing purposes and this may be one of them.

http://www.geocities.com/ww2spearhead/06grob04.htm (see section on Tiger radio controlled units)

http://www.afvnews.ca/zimmerit.html (see Zimmerit article -- description of mine clearing tanks)

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3

Last edited by KG_Kharkov; 12-01-2005 at 09:38 AM..
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I'm sure that Frank (and others) will be pleased that the first release will include and early production Tiger. Here's the link to the first offering I'm seen:

http://www.petescollectibles.com/dis...=DRR61001#item
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

That price is a bit steep.

I think I'll only be spot collecting that series.
Unread 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Yes the price is a bit of an unpleasant surprise. I just received an email from On Site Die Cast. At $71.50 they want even more for it.
Unread 12-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Here's the web page on the new 1/35 Tiger from Tunisia:

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlus...p?pid=DRR61001
Unread 02-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

The price may even be higher than previously announced. Apparently the supply side is letting down the demand side. This is what the folks at Onsite Diecast just sent out:

"We phoned Dragon USA today to ask why we have not received our order for more of D61001 Tiger 1 in 1:35 scale and below is the part of the conversation. (Just so you know we tried to double up on our last order and they did not have enough stock even then to supply us.)

"No more 1:35 Tigers will be coming in." We asked why and the response was just that they - DRAGONUSA - had been told by DRAGONCHINA during the toy fair that they would not be getting any more.

We immediately asked about the next release and they have no info on that either.

Bottom line is that is you want one and can find one at or around $70 then it may be wise to buy it. As soon as "some" dealers find out no more are coming in then they will immediately double or even triple the price.

Anything can happen and we have asked to be informed if more come in unexpectedly but for now we probably won't see any more of them.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mitch
www.onsitediecast.com"
Unread 02-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

They can keep it. It wasn't worth the $70 to begin with. More like $40 in my opinion.

I'm sticking to "spot-collecting" the 72nd scale from here on out. I got the first 45 or so that were released, but then they just kept coming out with like 6 different camo patterns for the same model of tank. It was getting silly.

I want to move on to collecting planes eventually.

I'm currently trying to get my Wife to sign a post-nump agreement before that $400 Tiger I comes out. =)
Unread 02-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

It (they) are only twice as big, but three times the price of their 1/72 pieces. Plus why are they any better than the Forces of Valor and 21st Century stuff that is already out there? If they want any market share and/or following for their 1/32 line, Dragon better take a hard look at their pricing. It's funny because they had it all down right with their 1/72 line.
Unread 02-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Leutnant

To late on the post nup agreement Frank, I already e-mailed her the info.
All she has to do is hint at hurling the thing off the roof and you will be "owned" for all eterinty. I offered to keep the whole collection at my house for safe keeping if it would help. Hey, what are friends for anyways???

Swamp