Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Generalleutnant

Default Lock N Load -- From the Designer, Mark Walker

I sent the designer of Lock N Load an e-mail since he based his starter scenario on the one I designed for ASL. I've included my correspondence below. I didn't want to post it on the public forum b/c it has some personal info on me. The good news is that LNL will eventually go to the East Front.

E-mail exchange:

JJ:

Hi Mark:
Thanks for the reply. I started playing ASL back in 1980 when it was SL -- saved about $12 and went and bought SL on the advice of a history friend of my father's -- never regretted it!

I would love to play online. I'm not the most computer savvy guy, so I still need to install VASSAL. A friend of mine who also bought LNL: BOH is going to help me with that.

Are you thinking of Soviets in Afghanistan -- that would certainly be an interesting LNL subject. But you are right, I'm not sure of the sales potential for that one.

I personally would love to see East Front LNL (urban fighting oriented would be interesting) or perhaps adding Brit paras and regs to allow for Arnhem/Market Garden and other scenarios. I'm a huge PTO fan also so anything with Marines will get my money as well.

I see that you are a Virginian. I live in Pittsburgh now but am a Virginia native having been born and raised in Fredericksburg. My youngest brother goes to VA Tech down in your neck of the woods. (I went to W&M and UVA for law). I took the bar exam in Roanoke at the civic center! If I ever get down there to visit my brother and have free time, maybe we can get in a FTF session.

Is the VASSAL install pretty straightforward? Also, once I download the LNL module can you use it for solo play -- my friend was saying that he needs to have someone else with the module loaded before he could see the maps and scenarios.

Nice to meet you,

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhwalker

Hi John,
Thanks for the email. I'm an ASL fan, and hope to work through the starter kit soon (#1, I don't own #2 yet).

Maybe we could meet online sometime and play a game of BoH (or ASLSK1). :-) East Front? Yeah, LnL will go to the East Front, but if I felt it would sell well enough the Soviets I'd design for would be circa 1984. I'm more of a modern buff than a WW2 East Front buff.

You wouldn't live anywhere near Roanoke, VA would you? I'm always looking for FtF players.
Best,
Mark

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Generalleutnant

I've been talking with the designer some more and he said that LNL will head to the Eastern Front (possibly Stalingrad) "sooner rather than later". He said he'd also like to do a Red Storm Rising version of the game. Currently, the other game releases cover the Vietnam war.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 01-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Is this the VASL game you and Marky-Mark-Mark were playing?
Unread 01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Generalleutnant

Yea, btw, Mark, I have Carentan set up -- I just need to get my sorry @ss on TS sometime.