Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Generalleutnant

MP3? Is that a submachine gun used by German special forces? Well, none here. I think the last song that I played of my own initiative (as opposed to listening on the radio), was Julia from the Beatles' White Album -- it was on cassette (yes, I'm a dinosaur and my car doesn't have a CD player).

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I remembered that from our Ohio road trip. Don't feel bad, John. My truck that we keep in Reno only has a cassette player too! in light of the fact that I started with reel to reel in the 1960s, cassettes are quite advanced!
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Kharkov
MP3? Is that a submachine gun used by German special forces? Well, none here. I think the last song that I played of my own initiative (as opposed to listening on the radio), was Julia from the Beatles' White Album -- it was on cassette (yes, I'm a dinosaur and my car doesn't have a CD player).
Dude,

I have the entire Beatle catalog on mp3, if your that big of a fan of theirs I might be persuaded to burn you a copy of it.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 05-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper
Dude,

I have the entire Beatle catalog on mp3, if your that big of a fan of theirs I might be persuaded to burn you a copy of it.
I'm a huge fan. I have almost all of their music on casette tapes that I beg, borrowed and stole for during the early 80s. I would be forever indebeted to you if you burnt me a copy. You wouldn't even have to feel bad since I actually own all the music!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

"Stick 'N Move" - Fort Minor
-steve
Unread 05-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I cant belive you guys "Uber" PC's didnt come with a MP3 player already installed. They are plenty of good ones out there free for the DL'ing.
Unread 05-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Kharkov
I'm a huge fan. I have almost all of their music on casette tapes that I beg, borrowed and stole for during the early 80s. I would be forever indebeted to you if you burnt me a copy. You wouldn't even have to feel bad since I actually own all the music!
Is that a play on words since you said you "Begged, Borrowed & STOLE the music during the 80's?

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
General der Panzer

Well... Cingular Wireless told me I was eligible for a new phone, so I chose the new SLVRL7 iTunes compatible. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. It only cost me 69 bucks, and so far I've added over a hundred songs to it. It sounds just as good as my iPod. Yahoo, pretty cool! First song I listened to was The Police "Walking on the Moon."