Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Unteroffizier

Location: Not the edge of the world but you can see it from here
Send a message via Skype™ to KG_RangerBooBoo
Default PCO Campaign AAR

Thought I would post an AAR of my campaign as a Kampfgruppe commander in the 1st Panzer Division starting August 1, 1943 through August 1944. In this first battle I'm defending some woods and a village with river splitting the two. Briefing said to expect only a middling effort and that's about what I got. Here is a screenshot of the map and what you can see of my set up.
Attached Images
File Type: png Battle1Map_SetUp.png (820.3 KB, 6 views)
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Unteroffizier

Location: Not the edge of the world but you can see it from here
Send a message via Skype™ to KG_RangerBooBoo

Screenshot of the victory screen was too big but we earned a legendary win and several of my units were decorated with War Merit Crosses 2nd Class and one Wound Badge. Also had one tank crew get a veteran driver and attain elite status. I set up the Panthers to cover the woods along with the two scout cars and my HQ section of tanks. On the village side I set up my 3 infantry squads in buildings and lined the 5 PzIVH's in the tree lined lane that angled behind them. The Russians came in rather piecemeal and we were able to pick them off rather easily. I lost one scout car to the opening barrage which as usual was pretty severe. Fortunately I was able to recover this and repair so it's available for future battles. My closest call came from a Sturmovik. I had one Panther withdraw from the shelling into open ground. I had given it orders to rush for cover in the woods when it struck. Luckily my tank was moving fast and the bomb just missed. As sometimes happen the second Sturmovik strike struck one of their own. I've seen the briefing for my second battle and this time we are on the attack.