Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
I hook-up to the internet via wireless and haven't had any problems.
Other than crashing our game when I was winning 17-0 . . . .

Oh, yea, it's a DVD player. Even without the HD attachment, DVDs on an HDTV running at 480p look great.

One other thing -- imagine how you feel after playing a shooter for 3 hours hunched over your keyboard at a desk stairing at 21 inch monitor. Now imagine how you feel with your feet propped up on a comfy stool, in your comfy chair looking at a 42 inch TV about 6 feet from you -- with a beer on the table next to you.

Oh, and no installation time? Buy game, put it in, play it instantly.

No need to get 5000 patches for the game . . . .

360 game patches are only for online play and generally are quite small and apply within seconds. Compare that to the average PC game's patch process.

Also, voicechat with friends easily without the need to be running TS or Ventrillo in the background.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
General der Panzer

That wasn't a problem John, a blessing.
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Oberstleutnant

Ill get it for the pc but I dont do console shooters well....so I problably wont get it for the X-box
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_SSpoom View Post
Ill get it for the pc but I dont do console shooters well....so I problably wont get it for the X-box
If you are just playing us schmoes, it will all balance out. Anyone know offhand if the 360 has co-op campaign mode. I think it does. That is one of the great things on 360, some of the games like Halo 3, Gears of War, RS6Vegas all have great co-op campaign modes.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Got the PC version of the game. Incredibly smooth and gorgeous graphics. Can be scaled to run almost any reasonably new (1-3 years) PC confguration.

To someone who already has a PC, buying a shooter for a console is not the smartest route. Managing 3 joysticks, 9 trigger buttons, 16 pad buttons while looking for shit to shoot at on half of a screen (if you are playing with your friends in your home) is just silly. There has yet to be a console control that can match the classic WASD/Mouse combo for smoothness and ease of control.

Frank, this is a good one to get for you computer. Don't even waste any brain cells on a console version.

I have already entered to CAL competition for this game on an invite from an existing competition squad.

But beofre you do anything, download the Demo of the game and give it a whirl. Just Google and you should be able to find it easily.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 11-06-2007 at 09:15 PM..
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Generalleutnant

Come on. All shooters on console basically use 5 buttons/sticks -- left move stick, right look stick (or vice versa), right trigger to fire, and a button to swap weapons and a button to reload.

It really ain't that difficult. If you are playing on XBox Live you obviously have 42 inches+ of TV to yourself. If you are playing with a friend at your home, well you have a friend at your home. Try doing that with a PC game. And on half of a 50 or 60 inch TV, you actually have more TV screen than you do on your 19 inch monitor.

Halo control scheme rivals anything a silly mouse and keypad can do, and frankly it is more immersive. Shooters with a mouse just doesn't feel all that immersive frankly.

Unread 11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
Got the PC version of the game. Incredibly smooth and gorgeous graphics. Can be scaled to run almost any reasonably new (1-3 years) PC confguration.

To someone who already has a PC, buying a shooter for a console is not the smartest route. Managing 3 joysticks, 9 trigger buttons, 16 pad buttons while looking for shit to shoot at on half of a screen (if you are playing with your friends in your home) is just silly. There has yet to be a console control that can match the classic WASD/Mouse combo for smoothness and ease of control.

Frank, this is a good one to get for you computer. Don't even waste any brain cells on a console version.

I have already entered to CAL competition for this game on an invite from an existing competition squad.

But beofre you do anything, download the Demo of the game and give it a whirl. Just Google and you should be able to find it easily.

WOW... I actually agree with ROB, the game us absolutely gorgeous!
The visuals are awesome and they finally took away the cartoon feel of grenades.... you used to throw them a country mile now you looking at 10-15 feet at max

This is going to KILL console players... this game was made for the PC!

IMO, playing this game on a 22 inch LCD widescreen with 7.1 sound is not as bad as you make it sound Khar...

Franky.... This my friend is the SHIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper View Post
you used to throw them a country mile now you looking at 10-15 feet at max
I agree that Grenade ranges in most FPS game are a bit over done but are you telling me that realistic ranges are only 1.3 to 5 yards?

And even if you screwed up and meant yards instead of feet, that range is still way to short. As the proud owner of a real WWII issued pineapple grenade, i can tell you that i could easily thrown one much farther than 15 yards.
Unread 11-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panzerschreck View Post
I agree that Grenade ranges in most FPS game are a bit over done but are you telling me that realistic ranges are only 1.3 to 5 yards?

And even if you screwed up and meant yards instead of feet, that range is still way to short. As the proud owner of a real WWII issued pineapple grenade, i can tell you that i could easily thrown one much farther than 15 yards.
Ok ok , I understated the range, it's honestly more like 20-30 yards ballpark....

I have been playing it more and more!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper View Post
WOW... I actually agree with ROB, the game us absolutely gorgeous!
The visuals are awesome and they finally took away the cartoon feel of grenades.... you used to throw them a country mile now you looking at 10-15 feet at max

This is going to KILL console players... this game was made for the PC!

IMO, playing this game on a 22 inch LCD widescreen with 7.1 sound is not as bad as you make it sound Khar...

Franky.... This my friend is the SHIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-PC. Some games like World of Warcraft could never be adapted well to console. I just don't like being hunched over a keyboard and a mouse for 3 hours playing a shooter. It's way more relaxing to be in your comfy chair with your feet up staring at a big screen high def TV.