Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Big Game
USC 3 27.27%
Texas 6 54.55%
Did you know that Texas was once its own country? 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Did not know this was a big game?
Unread 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM
General der Panzer

Hold on there cowboy -- "Defense Texas (not by much)." What? Texas defense #6 in the country with a tougher schedule than USC's 40th ranked defense. That's more than "not by much."
Unread 12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

My "Not by Much" Stands.... Texas had the most overrated schedule in college... So yes it stands at "Not by much"

I believe I was being VERY fair... and don't give me this schedule crap either.... says who? some friggin moron from the East Coast? Ya, thats what I thought.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Funny are things you fail to mention:

1. USC's last second win over ND due in large part to questionable ball placement after the USC fumble, and

2. Fresno State game--see above (also this is the game you--Andy--said he was not worried about in a conversation we had on TS on the night of the game).

3. Texas special teams--including but not imited to: blocked field goal and extra point attempts, and outstanding punt and kickoff return teams.

The Horns will do their talking on the field, in spite of the fact that this will be almost a home game for USC.
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Oberstleutnant

Ok Time to break out the "EASports NCAA 05" video game and
have it out =) Either that or
GO BROWNS!!!!
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Oberstleutnant

Do these teams actually play in the Rose Bowl?
I might have to watch it so I can tweak out the
losers fans =)....
......Carry on........
(It seems that Texas is winning poll 3 to 1)
W. said they could count any thing with the word
"Texas" in it as a "Texas" vote hence 6-2 (currently pending recount)

Last edited by KG_SSpoom; 12-06-2005 at 06:43 PM..
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag
Funny are things you fail to mention:

1. USC's last second win over ND due in large part to questionable ball placement after the USC fumble, and

2. Fresno State game--see above (also this is the game you--Andy--said he was not worried about in a conversation we had on TS on the night of the game).

3. Texas special teams--including but not imited to: blocked field goal and extra point attempts, and outstanding punt and kickoff return teams.

The Horns will do their talking on the field, in spite of the fact that this will be almost a home game for USC.
You can again bring up the same topic over and over again but yet you haven't answered the first question.... Who's going to stop our Offense..do you honestly think you have a snow flakes chance in hell ( Texas included ) ... Even the columnists are talking about the Juggernaut USC is, you might ( however VERY doubtful ) stop Bush ( your dreaming ) what about Lendale White? or the top Wide out Jarret? Plus our other WR's or Our TE Byrd? or our QB.... Your defense has done nothing to date.... the offenses you beat WEREN'T the complete package that USC is and will continue to be!

You can talk about your special teams all you want becuase God Knows that they will be spending more time on the field than your offense.

You bring up USC's close games yet you don't bring up yours...I wonder why....

Texas is not in USC's League... Texas's year is an anomoly where USC's been great for 3 years plus..... don't talk about levels of play with Texas, one decent/good year a great team doesn't doesn't make.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Andy check with your wife--I think it's time for your medication!
Unread 12-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Generalleutnant

How is Texas going to handle our Offense, you've never answered that... so far all thats been said is:

Our Special Teams
Our Defense is 6th rank

But lets look at the facts and only one important one:

1. USC's offense ( you've NEVER faced an offense rated #1 )

P.S. You played a watered down conference and then proceed to say that your going to beat a powerhouse?????????

Here's Texas:

1Sat., Sep 3Louisiana-LafayetteW 60-32Sat., Sep 10@Ohio StateW 25-223Sat., Sep 17RiceW 51-105Sat., Oct 1@MissouriW 51-206Sat., Oct 8OklahomaW 45-127Sat., Oct 15ColoradoW 42-178Sat., Oct 22Texas TechW 52-179Sat., Oct 29@Oklahoma StateW 47-2810Sat., Nov 5@BaylorW 62-011Sat., Nov 12KansasW 66-1413Fri., Nov 25@Texas A&MW 40-2914Sat., Dec 3@ColoradoW 70-3

Here's USC:

1Sat., Sep 3@HawaiiW 63-173Sat., Sep 17ArkansasW 70-174Sat., Sep 24@OregonW 45-135Sat., Oct 1@Arizona StateW 38-286Sat., Oct 8ArizonaW 42-217Sat., Oct 15@Notre DameW 34-318Sat., Oct 22@WashingtonW 51-249Sat., Oct 29Washington StateW 55-1310Sat., Nov 5StanfordW 51-2111Sat., Nov 12@CaliforniaW 35-1012Sat., Nov 19Fresno StateW 50-4214Sat., Dec 3UCLAW 66-19

Don't ever mention schedule again.....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 12-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I expect that neither team will "handle" the other's offense. But I expect that the Texas defense will slow down USC more than the porous USC defense will affect Texas, especially with all of our running backs healthy by game time. Our defense plus special teams will be the game winning difference.

P.S. Although college teams are never the same from year to year, I think that you underestimate the quality of the Texas program. Having attended Michigan as an undergraduate, I have had UT season tickets for years and watch all of their games. This may be the best Texas team since at least the late 1970s. They had one close game all year. That was the game they won at Ohio State. They brought their "C" game against their arch rival Aggies, who played their "A" game at home. Vince stunk and we still won by 11 points. If you saw the (second) Colorado game for the Big 12 Championship (a game that USC does not have to play in their little conference), you know the Horns are ready--on offense, defense and special teams!

Last edited by KG_Jag; 12-06-2005 at 11:52 PM..