Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

View Poll Results: Who's in Your Super Bowl?
Carolina Vs. Steelers 1 12.50%
Seahawks Vs. Steelers 3 37.50%
Carolina Vs. Broncos 3 37.50%
Seahawks Vs. Broncos 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper
Default Who's in your Super Bowl?

Which of the teams remaining do you think will meet in the Super Bowl?

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
General der Panzer

I can't believe you think that wasn't an interception Andy! Your mistake will cost the Steelers next week. They will pay for your arrogance, and Kent will be coming to the land of earthquakes to kick your ASS!
Unread 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
I can't believe you think that wasn't an interception Andy! Your mistake will cost the Steelers next week. They will pay for your arrogance, and Kent will be coming to the land of earthquakes to kick your ASS!
Dude.... get over it...Turn the page...Move on....

The NFL came out today and sided with the Referee stating that in "HIS" opinion he felt that it wasn't a catch. I applaud the man to sticking with his guns and deciding on what he felt was the correct call and not taking into account what anybody else thought!

Time to move on.... as a whole the officiating was horrendous , there were non-calls on both sides! I think the non-called Pass interference calls were the more outrageous I have ever witnessed besides the Pass Interference call (Or non-call)that wasn't called against the 49ers when they played the the New York Giants on the last play of the game in the playoffs a few years ago.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Generalleutnant

The NFL just 2 mins ago threw the ref under the bus even after earlier today they backed him.

How sad in this day and age when the NFL bows under pressure form the media...ESPECIALLY after they earlier today backed the ref and said he made the right call.....

Simply Pathetic!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-16-2006, 06:19 PM
General der Panzer

It was an interception, no doubt.
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Oberstleutnant

I hate the Steelers.....
Just clearing the air in case some dont know =)

Im praying for a little "Mile High Magic"
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
In your OWN mind thats for sure...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-16-2006, 10:18 PM
General der Panzer

Unread 01-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Im not saying this because it happened to be a Steeler who it happened to, but that was an interception IMHO. If the same exact play happened to a Colts player, i would side with them as well. Anyone who knows me knows i wont argue a point even when im wrong just to defend a team i like.

As for the Superbowl id love to see the Steelers vrs. the Seahawks. My best friend from high school has been a Seahawks fan since we were kids because their old coach from the 80's, whos name eludes me at the moment was from Huntington, Pa. the next town over the Mt. from us here in Pa. and ive always had a soft spot for them because they could never catch a break. Id love to see the Steelers go because they are my 2nd favorite team. But in all honesty, i think any of the remaining teams could easily win this weekends game and the Super Bowl for that matter. But from here on out im a Steeler fan.
Unread 01-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Generalleutnant

I don't think many people gave my comments on Ben vs. Peyton much credence last week prior to the game, but I'd love to see Ben lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

BTW, it was clearly an interception. I'd say that even if it was the Browns intercepting the Steelers. Just think about it. If he just stays on the ground, it's an interception. If he dies prior to rolling over it's an interception. So, it's impossible to catch it, hit the ground, roll completely over and then come up and have it ruled a non-interception.

The officiating was putrid all weekend. The Grossman interception after the playclock expired, the Samuels interference call, the possible touchback on the Bailey interception return, the non-call on Randle El, the do-over on 4th and 1 (who's ever seen a do-over -- someone had to have moved -- call it one way or the other -- the defense can't stop the game by pointing).

Did anyone notice that Ben was in a position to make the tackle because he carried out his play fake?

What do you think of Peyton's comments on his line? Part of me understands his frustration and the other part thinks it reminded me of the old Cicero speeches against Caesar (which usually went, "I won't be talking about Caesar today cuz he's a good dude, but let me mention just a few things . . . ).

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3