Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

View Poll Results: Who's going to Win the Super Bowl?
Colts 5 71.43%
Bears 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

I might watch a tivo version. Get all 60 minutes of game in... eh... 60 minutes. Maybe just 45 minutes, as the first quarter both teams have such a case of nerves they look like as bad as your average high school outfit. But then again by the end of the first quarter one team has usually screwed the pooch so badly the game is pretty much over anyway. So the whole time block really devolves into what it truly is, a marketing ploy for the gullible, beer soaked masses.
Unread 02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
As I said before, who cares. I'm so busy reading and writing for school, I may not even watch it.

Like that is a real shocker.... Your so blinded by your love for VY .... apparently you'll never watch another or be interested in another Super Bowl for the rest of your life because He'll never go ( as a starter anyway...toward the end of his flegdling career he might ride the bench to a win like Bernie Kosar) to a Super Bowl except maybe when he buys tickets for it.

We are fans of certain teams and when they get eliminated it sucks.... but I am still a fan of the NFL period and I will watch the game and I will always root against the team I dislike the most because I know that this is the last of the football season till July.....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
So the whole time block really devolves into what it truly is, a marketing ploy for the gullible, beer soaked masses.
OR it could be a really fun time for people to get together with family and friends and enjoy a nice Sunday Afternoon watching a good game and breaking bread. What a Novel Idea! :)

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper View Post
OR it could be a really fun time for people to get together with family and friends and enjoy a nice Sunday Afternoon watching a good game and breaking bread. What a Novel Idea! :)
Couldnt agree more! I plan on going to my one Brother's house. I have to say my one Brother, i have seven, LOL.
Unread 02-03-2007, 10:50 AM
General der Panzer

Or maybe most just see it as an excuse to get sloppy drunk: more people call in sick the day after the Super Bowl than any other day of the year. So, "Cheers."
Unread 02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

I heard yesterday on my favorite AM sports radio talk show that city engineers & water treatment plants across the United States are encouraging people to stagger their trips to the bathroom so they don't overwhelm sanitary sewer systems.

It's estimated that at halftime this Sunday, 90 million people will flush their respective toilets, sending approx. 350 million gallons of "you know what" into the sewers.

For a visual, they said imagine all the water that goes over Niagara Falls for 39 minutes straight.
Unread 02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Generalleutnant

All in all it was a good game, I firmly belive though that the game should NEVER be played where crappy weather exists... It should always be in a dome or California.

I learned that Rex Grossman is a fraud of a Quarterback and that the Bears D was playing over the head all year long. The kid Hester is the real deal and the heir apparent to Dante Hall.

It was a great game for Peyton who had to win his first Ring in weather that sucked and still put up very good numbers... I was impressed with his poise and how he took command of the game. The sideline play calling was a bit too cautious sometimes for my taste but it was a good time had by all.

The game never looked so clear.... watching it on my new HDTV was out of this world clear!

I am officially spoiled TV viewing-wise.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper View Post
All in all it was a good game, I firmly belive though that the game should NEVER be played where crappy weather exists... It should always be in a dome or California.

The game never looked so clear.... watching it on my new HDTV was out of this world clear!

I am officially spoiled TV viewing-wise.
First, congrats on entering the world of HD. You will NEVER go back. I can't even watch games in regular definition anymore.

Second, I totally disagree about playing in a dome or good weather. This is football, not soccer or tennis or croquet. I think it is ridiculous that all games prior to the SuperBowl have a chance of being played in severe weather but when you get to the Super Bowl you are put into this antiseptic, perfect climate. I personally loved the driving rain. Remember the tuck-rule game where the Patriots snuck by the Raiders? Remember the pass interference bumpage game where the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow. Football deserves a chance to be played where weather is a factor, instead of always being on turf and 72 degrees.

I think the SuperBowl should rotate through every city -- sort of like the All-Star game in baseball. Why should the fair weather/dome teams always have the apparent advantage. I'd personally love to see teams slogging it out in snow on the frozen tundra of Lambeau field for the right to hoist the Lombardi trophy. But it will never happen because the fans who pay thousands of bucks for their tickets want comfort.

If the playoffs were subject to the same rule, the Super Bowl would have been the Colts vs. the Saints.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 02-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

To quote an old friend from Alaska, responding to a Golden Stater concerned about the weather in the 49th state: "California candyass!"

Weather has always been a part of real football. Like JJ, nothing would please me more than seeing the Super Bowl in Lambeau on a snowy day. One of the most famous and greatest games ever was the Ice Bowl in Lambeau between the Packers and the Cowboys. Off course it will never happen because the the money is not going to come to little Green Bay for the event. But I'd rather see a full Green Bay stadium in sub-zero weather than a bunch of empty seats in a rainy Miami.

The Super bowl should be played in either the home stadium of the team with the best record, or--as JJ suggested--on a rotational basis that includes every team in the league.
Unread 02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Generalleutnant

I couldn't disagree more, Yes, during the season games that are played in the elements are great to see and participate in but when you have the stage set with the "Two Best Teams" playing I don't want weather to dictate the winner.

I want to see the "TRUE" best team win. I mean how else can it be said that the best team won when it wouldn't be true if weather dictated it with the sloppy game.... Games played in the mudd, rain & snow are fine but NOT for the Super Bowl.

It should be in pristine conditions that the game is played.

- Emiliano Zapata