Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Generalleutnant

Default A Close Run Thing . . . .

Soldier and I squared off last night in our first 10,000 point NTW game pitting my Limeys against his Frogs. I purchased 2 rifle companies, 5 line companies, 2 King's Gaurd Line companies, a Highlander company, 4 companies of Dragoons, 2 heavy batteries and a general. I squared off against a force of Young Guard and fusiliers with some froggy calvary and batteries to boot.

The action got fast and furious on my right and quickly out of control. My two line companies and a rifle company were quickly outmatched so I had to commit my two companies of Dragoons which stablized the mess on my right. My units were out of position at that point but that flank was stablized.

A thrust in the center toward the key farmhouse cluster by the Frogs looked like it was nearing success so I committed my other two companies of Dragoons in a smashing charge that halted that advance completely.

Mark knew it was time to press the issue and committed his entire right flank against my left in a multi line assault. My rifle companies, line companies and KGL gave good account of themselves pummelling his troops with accurate fire but his batteries got into position and opened up with cannister tearing gaping holes in my lines.

I committed the Highlanders to steady the line but my left flank line companies finally broke and the gap in my lines could no longer be plugged. A last desperate action was fought by the rear guard to protect my general's withdrawal. The frogs could not be stopped and Mark walked away with a close run victory with both of us inflicting 1100 to 1200 casualties on the other.

Great game Froggy!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 03-11-2007, 11:12 AM
General der Panzer

It was a blast. We need at least one more hard soul brave enough to march into the face of your enemies' cannister and rifle fire so that we can play 2 vs 2.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Generalleutnant

OK, I got my butt handed to me not once but twice by Marshall Sspoom and his Old Gaurd last night.

The first battle on the snowy plains of Spain was a complete route. My calvary lost its matchup on my left flank and Marshall Sspoom's lancers proceeded to roll up my lines from left to right. An absolute debacle for General Kharkov's limeys.

After fleeing into Portugal and regrouping, we meet Marshall Sspoom's forces again. My force of line and KG line troops had a strong defensive position on a small hill with a nice U shaped line resembling the Union position on Little Round Top. A massive slugfest ensued. Toward the middle of the fight, it looked as if the Limeys might just bleed the Frogs white but to the cadence of drums, the Old Gaurd rolled around my left flank at a brisk march and led a charge up the hill that broke my left flank troops. I threw in the reserves but they too were no match for the Old Gaurd. An all out brawl ensued with lots of hand to hand but my Limeys were no match for the Frogs and again gave up the field of battle.

I need Allies! Where are is Marshall Blucher and his Prussians? Where are the Ivans! Help, the Frog menace needs to be stopped!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3

Last edited by KG_Kharkov; 03-16-2007 at 11:41 AM..
Unread 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Stabsgefreiter

Help is on the way!

I loaded all of the mods and it appears that the program is up-to-date on my pc. I started the Borodino scenario and it just crawled. Scrolling was very choppy. Is this scenario just too huge (there seemed to be many units)?

I will play with the config settings tonight to see if things are better with all graphic enhancements dumbed down.

My pc specs are OK for RTW (XP2700 running at 1729 MHZ, Geforce 3, 2 GB ram). Is this still OK for NTW?
Unread 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Generalleutnant

I imagine Borodino is humongous. So, to try things out, set up a quickbattle against the AI (which sucks). Pick 10,000 points on a small map. See how the PC handles that. You can speed up scrolling speed in the options if everything is running smoothly.

Unread 03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Koz View Post
Help is on the way!

I loaded all of the mods and it appears that the program is up-to-date on my pc. I started the Borodino scenario and it just crawled. Scrolling was very choppy. Is this scenario just too huge (there seemed to be many units)?

I will play with the config settings tonight to see if things are better with all graphic enhancements dumbed down.

My pc specs are OK for RTW (XP2700 running at 1729 MHZ, Geforce 3, 2 GB ram). Is this still OK for NTW?
Turn all your graphic settings all the way down..... After you do all that and it's still choppy then it's too much for your rig. It just might be time for you to upgrade....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Oberstleutnant

Koz's rig should be just fine if he has any type of descent video card.
Dumb down most of your graphics and turn unit sizes to normal.
Im running a g-force 6800 video card(256) an AMD 2.08 gig processor and 1 gig of ram and mine runs good, but NOT with the graphics cranked up.
You dont need all the bells and whistles anyway your troops will be routing so fast against my Froggies you wont have time to see anything but the soles of their shoes as they haul ass off the field =)
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Generalleutnant

Sir John Moore was killed in the last battle and British forces have retreated deeper into Portugal but Wellesley is arriving . . . . be afraid Marshall Sspoom . . . be very afraid.

Unread 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
General der Panzer

If you don't surrender now Steve, Kharkov will be very angry and will write you letter in lawer speak explaning why he is very angry.
Unread 03-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Oberstleutnant

Well he sent a bunch of Lawyers on horseback carrying "cease and desist"
letters at my right flank both games we were in last night.
They left the field bloodied and trailing piles of paperwork all the way off the back edge of the map =)