Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Boardgames & Tabletop games

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Generalleutnant

Default Axis and Allies revised

I picked this up at Toys R Us for half price recently and broke it out this weekend to teach my 7 year old son to play. This weekend, we learned how to buy units and played with tanks, artillery, infantry, fighters and bombers. We played Germans versus Russians and of course, he wanted to be Germans because they had more stuff.

The new version of the game has added a few new territories and rejiggered the map a little bit, plus added artillery (attack 2 and defense 2 and increases attack power of 1 accompanying infantry piece to 2) and destroyers (between subs and battleships in power, and nullify surprise sub attack).

My son picked up the game surprisingly quickly and really enjoyed buying units and showed a good knack for buying in bulk with an occasional fighter or bomber purchase. His Germans (with a little help from dad) gradually wore my Russians down until a final assault on Moscow aided by a great air armada of 7 fighters and 3 bombers brought him victory.

I think I'm going to splurge and get Axis & Allies: Europe now that I know he'll play the game. Next week, I promised him that we'd learn about ships.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Never played AAE, i think you guys might like AA D-day, you can teach it to him as you play. its quite fun.